THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 26)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2010
      [It's "Positivity Wednesday" again and, methinks, just in time. A certain
      amount of disquietude we're seeing being posted today, and I myself had a
      meltdown yesterday. Formatting is a huge deal for a dweefus like me who
      likes "end-of-lines" to go where he wants them and next lines to start where
      he starts them and white space to appear artistically all around--just
      so--because, hey, that's what artists do. From others who've told me,
      however, that what they saw on their monitors wasn't jumbled, I'm now
      thinking my "problems" are more due to Hoozissface Gates and allah his
      Microsoftic Minions and all this toadally whacktoast engineering that
      THEY'VE done to Office Outlook, than to whatever cybertronics Dartmouth is
      using. Still, though, at least one other Lister revealed formatting
      problems yesterday around the time of my post(s)--with regard to making
      columns for track times--and weird word-wraps and broken hyperlinks are
      always my pet peeves! In any event, software engineers who always want to
      do our thinking for us and auto-correct our spelling, punctuation, and line
      breaks... well... they've just "inspired" a brand-new BJF composition.

      [But back now to Wednesday and http://www.zombierunner.com/ and DC's
      Zombie-partner Gillian Robinson who is, today for sure, THE Most Interesting
      Woman in the World :]

      She has graced the black-and-white covers of some of the finest sports
      magazines in the universe; and, after she appeared on them, they turned full
      color.

      Once, on a whim after she got a tattoo on her leg, it became one of
      America's most popular historical symbols for a world-famous highway.

      And yes, while wearing new zombierunner "kicks," she did indeed "get her
      kicks" on it.

      Her original online diary actually gave birth to the entire cybertronic
      movement of internet blogging.

      It is doubtful anyone today knows what "blog" stands for, but it was she who
      coined the term: an amalgamation of two different words, called "web log."

      When she teamed up with her current "worser half," (heh-heh) the entire
      mail-order industry was magically transformed.

      She had been observed, while working in her earlier living-room warehouse,
      to know amidst heaping piles of retail wares where every single paper clip
      was, where all the shipping labels and boxes were, and she even kept a
      running count of all those pieces of styrofoam excelsior used to pack every
      box.

      She has since become The Patron Saint of the Mail Room--every business on
      Earth's mail room.

      An excellent athlete in her own right, she has circumnavigated on foot the
      entire California Bay Area, finished several Badwaters, bested the cutoffs
      of boucou ultras, and probably did more Dipseas than anybody.

      She is The Most Interesting Woman in the World.

      "I don't always dress for Halloween; but when I do, you prefer me as Lady
      Godiva. Stay Zombies, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      Also here:

      www.eatmedaily.com/2009/06/doe-equis-ad-campaign-the-most-interesting-man-in
      -the-world-video

      My mark:

      XX
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      ["just another mid-evil lute-plucking parade watcher in the Middle Ages"]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      This Halloween, because of yours troubly's well-known rear-ender droppings
      capabilities, I feel pretty qualified to go as Lady Godiva's horse.