THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 25)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2010
      [Welcome to Positivity Wednesday. For those of you on the East Coast,
      hopefully it's not yet Thursday. For those of you on the Left Coast, hop in
      your car and drive to Palo Alto. THE BEST possible cuppa joe y'all could
      have today will be found inside that little ol' (used to be) movie house at
      429 S California Avenue. There you are likely to meet up with today's hero,
      none other than Don Charles Lundell--who (you may not believe this) started
      out in life in the same city I did: Chi-Town. Ask him! But in the
      meantime, everything you otherwise might need to know is here:
      http://www.zombierunner.com/.

      [The clever cyber-surfer will also therein discover that DC's not alone in
      his way-fabulously successful enterprise--and thus have some hint as to
      next's Wednesday's Positivity--but the REALLY clever geek will also chance
      upon a verbal "commercial" that the penner of this very happiness post once
      recorded for, yes, The Zombies.]

      A finer living entrepreneur upon the planet you are likely never to find;
      and, despite the "living dead" theme, the only "horror" you could possibly
      ever experience from him might be slapping yourself for not knowing this
      earlier.

      He started with nothing, imagined everything, borrowed most things,
      stockpiled a few things, and then sold them all. His mail-order expertise
      has rivaled, and by now far surpassed, even that of Sears.

      Big cities have offered to build HIM "the world's tallest building," for
      free.

      His customer service is legendary. Often customers will receive their
      orders before they even order anything.

      Once he personally delivered shoes and other supplies to half the runners in
      a big footrace--just before the start--when it was discovered that their
      airlines had lost all their luggage. The first call he received about this
      came less than an hour before the gun went off.

      He's so persuasive that, during Halloween, it's Zombies who treat all the
      ghouls and Boise.

      His inspiring running feets are exceeded only by his feats as a
      photographer. His running pics have graced the covers of major magazines,
      while his graphics of feet have mostly caused upsets, for example, at
      Badwater.

      He himself has coached and "paced" souls back from the dead. At Javelina
      one year, he not only helped a many-times-DNF'd runner finish her first 100
      miles, but he also brought all the ox, mule, and rattlesnake skulls back to
      life and they crossed the finish line, too.

      But his true calling is café brewing. If you don't die and go to heaven
      upon sipping that first cup of java he whips up for you, it's because the
      line before The Pearly Gates is too long and you have to wait awhile. In
      the meantime, of course, he'll be only too happy ta espresso ya huppa 'nudda
      cup.

      He is The Most Interesting Man in the World.

      "I don't always resurrect; but when I do, I prefer the tall order to be
      postpaid. Stay UPS, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      Also here:

      www.eatmedaily.com/2009/06/doe-equis-ad-campaign-the-most-interesting-man-in
      -the-world-video

      My mark:

      XX
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      ["just another lute-plucking shipping clerk in the Middle Ages"]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      I know of someone else this Halloween who's wrapping himself and his sofa in
      tinfoil, so he can be a couch potato.