  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2010
      [Welcome to Wednesday--if our beloved Ultralist returns to active service
      while it is indeed still Wednesday. Ah, I just now see that it has!
      Today's total-shot-in-the-arm heroine has been promised since Tuesday, and
      that is mainly due to how well she entertained us on Tuesday, which prompted
      a "survey" asking for votes to put her in the spotlight today Wednesday,
      which then produced a sorta/kind-of-a flood of totally way-positive
      commentary, which is fitting since today IS "Positivity Wednesday."

      [She is Lynnor Matheney of Houston-Somewhere, Texas. But unlike many, she
      doesn't (yet) "blog," she hasn't (yet) appeared as a Runner's World
      covergirl, nor (yet) on that of UltraRunning--although, if you look, some of
      her contributed photographs are now published in the October issue of that
      very magazine. She IS on Facebook (check this pic from the 2010 Vol-State,
      if it's publicly available:
      and, I'm told, she even has an account on MySpace!! I myself caught her act
      here in '08 at RR100:
      and just last February she was at Bandera, the proof of which is here:
      LAST=Matheney&DIVISION=&BIB=37. Mrs. Matheney generally shuns the
      spotlight, but--ya know what?--she has been "warned" and today she troubly
      deserves it. :-]

      Her prose has been anthologized in a textbook of American Literature that is
      now being taught in every English class of every high school and college
      throughout the United States.

      When public schools hire her to speak at their assemblies, so many parents
      and citizens show up that they can no longer fit inside the school gym.
      Assemblies are then postponed until the nearest professional basketball
      arena can be rented.

      Most of the Western World's book and magazine publishers now believe that
      Erma Bombeck did not pass away, or that she has been brought back to life,
      and in this regard she is even better than Elvis.

      All those publishers currently flood her mailbox with book and article
      offers, and enclose hefty checks as advances against royalties.

      Author, athlete, ultrarunner, photographer, and mother. She wears all hats
      with equal aplomb--and without ever having to dye her hair underneath. Her
      reputation has also spread throughout the rest of the Western World as THE
      Go-To American Host Parent for all high-school-aged foreign exchange
      students. Every kid in Europe now wants to live in her house.

      She's entered many footraces beyond the marathon, some of which go on for
      weeks and cover most of the distance across many Southern States. Her own
      children are so enamored of their "fit & fab" mama that they even volunteer
      to work as her crew.

      Not only her own pets, but those of the entire neighborhood follow her
      faithfully as she runs every day.

      Having grown up in "da 'hood" of Peoria, she became the veritable poster
      child for substance abuse reform. Her entire life has been so turned-around
      since Led Zeppelin was "Dazed and Confused," that now every punk, alt, emo,
      and goth chick in Texas seeks out her advice and begs for her counsel.

      Amazingly, even her own husband now cuts her some slack.

      She is The Most Interesting Woman in the World.

      "I don't always entertain; but when I do, most folks say they're 'ROTFLMAO.'
      Stay funny, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      Also here:

      My mark:

      Rich Limacher
      ["That 800-year-old lute plucker from France"]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      There are eight million stories in "The Naked City," but most of them don't
      generally walk that way across Mongolia for "World Peace."