Real Men/Women of Genius #65

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2010
      Ingelhook Wineries present...

      REAL WOMEN OF GENIUS

      {Re-al gals of geeeeeene-yuss}

      Today we raise our glass to you, Missus OCD Ultrarunning Gal with the
      Multiple Unpronounceable Disorders.

      {Misss-sus perrrr-son-alllll-i-tyyyy out-the-ying-yannng!}

      You mean, it's 7:01 AM and you've not showered yet? This, after running
      your daily nine-point-three-eighth miles, which is six loops around the lake
      by the country club with those thirty-eight-hundredths being the *exact*
      distance from your side door to the trailhead? You're running late today!

      {"Ohhhhhh Emmmmmmmmm Geeeeeeeeeeeee!!"}

      You have a child that needs to get up, get dressed, get fed, have homework
      checked, bed made, toys filed, room cleaned, questions answered--only if
      there's time--lunch made, shoes-boots-and-raincoat on, planted in the
      carseat, and driven to grammar school before the first bell at 7:45.

      {"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere ARE those Fruit Loooooops?"}

      The husband can fend for himself.

      {"Geeeze-ziss, bay-bee! Shooould I book an ap-poinnnt-ment?"}

      If you hurry, when you get back from the drop-off and kiss-off, you'll have
      time to update your Facebook, post more photos, and still meet George at the
      gym and then have time for a swim. But that can only happen after today's
      required crunches and side planks, handling your online banking, returning
      all calls on your iPhone, and stopping by Le Petit Boutique to try on
      shoes--all before you even get to the gym.

      {"Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy won't-this-traf-fic-light-change??"}

      It's now only ten-thirty and you've already done more since 3 AM than most
      humans could do in a week. And yet, amazingly enough, you still have time
      to piss-off all those humans before you have to meet Sally and Joanie--just
      confirmed by phoney--for your "grrl power lunchie" at the club.

      {"Wee neeeeeeeeeeeed that taaaa-ble-by-the-bar!!!"}

      So ease the cork out gently when your waiter brings that second bottle of
      White Zinfandel to your table, O Super-, Cat-, and Wonder Woman all rolled
      into one, because, really, you know ya only go around once in life and so
      gotta grab for all the Gusto--and what's in Gusto's trousers--that you
      possibly, possibly can... all before Cosmo Husbo comes home.

      {Miss-sus O-C-D Ullllll-tra-run-nnnnning Gal
      with-the-Mul-ti-ple-Un-pro-nounce-a-ble Dys-orrrr-derssssss!}

      White Zinfandel yuppie wine: we don't drink it ourselves; we'd rather just
      guzzle beer.

      ( O_O )

      Yours troubly,

      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      (now on tab at http://www.runrace.net/)

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      There are eight million stories in The Naked City, while in The Hamptons,
      however, they first need to shop for shoes.