Re: [hr100] AI (Artificial Intelligence) & a Special Cancellation Announcement

  • Jean-Jacques d
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2010
      On the other hand, why should anyone in our sport be reduced to the level of starving famine victims or escapees from a burning building, attemptinf to trample over everyone else to get rewarded.  To hell with events whose entry procedures reduce applicants to the level of Macy's opening day specials that contribute to stripping one of any vestige of civility as the participants try to rip products out of the grasp of other's.
      The most civilized model is the Hardrock run, where all entrants can get their application sent to the organization within a window of time, and then the lottery decides.
      Personally, I would no more participate in the sort of "first come, first served at any price" than I would run in front of the bulls at Pamplona.  The theology analysis of AI  is, of course another matter, and The Troubadour is, as usual, excellent in pointing out the various absurdities!