THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 16)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 11:14 AM
      [We really do have a "wild child" in our happy, mostly clothed, midst. She
      just WON a damn marathon, for heaving's Sake. And, as she told the news
      reporter, she really hadn't "trained for it." No, but of course how else
      exactly would she have? Her daily runs are already of 20+ miles!

      [Yes it's, like, once again, like totally, like "Positivity Wednesday," and
      today Jenn Shelton IS--like without a doubt--THE most interesting *young*
      woman in, like, the whole wide world! She even has her own encyclopedia
      entry-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenn_Shelton --and you can gawk at just
      *why* she's so wild and free, here:
      http://away.com/travel_photo_gallery/outside/jenn-shelton-ultra-marathon-run
      ner/index.html]

      As a young girl, not only could she outrun all the boys, but she routinely
      beat them all up, too. And taught them a few choice words on the side.

      As an adult she was arrested, and the county jail was so thrilled to have
      her that they paid "show-up" money and gave her a salary and an expense
      account.

      She was accused of "playing frisbee" with the arresting forest ranger's hat,
      but he was so charmed that he dropped all the charges and asked for a dinner
      date instead, and the restaurant was so thrilled to have her that they
      comped the meal.

      She once out-drank all the sailors of Virginia Beach, slept on a floor, woke
      up with a hangover, and proceeded to beat all the elites in the next
      morning's footrace--then she returned to the hotel before anyone else was
      awake.

      Her mentoring influence was Jack Kerouac's "The Dharma Bums," but it is
      difficult to call a "bum" anyone who can outrun and out-distance the freight
      train.

      When she moved to Oregon, she flew of course. But it was not in an
      airplane.

      Winning races for her is so commonplace, that local sports reporters will
      write up their articles in advance.

      She claims she became an ultrarunner for the Zen, thinking she could handle
      Buddhism Lite, but that failed when she herself became such a heavy hitter.
      She has since recorded, for example, the very fastest female 100-mile
      running time "on dirt" EVER.

      The night before a race, she "carbo-loads" on Dos Equis, jalapeƱo pizza, and
      the current records of all other runners.

      It's been said that soldiers in the Army "do more before breakfast" than
      most people do all day, but she routinely does more than all the soldiers do
      all year.

      And sometimes she even wins big city marathons with her clothes on.

      She is The Most Interesting Woman in the World.

      "I don't always kick all the asses in the woods; but when I do, I prefer
      them to belong to the bare. Stay naked, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      Also here:

      www.eatmedaily.com/2009/06/dos-equis-ad-campaign-the-most-interesting-man-in
      -the-world-video/

      My mark:

      XX
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      ["Ain't no body ever plucks lutes like me"]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      Just imagine what she could do if she trained!