Re: [hr100] Fwd: Hardrock 2010, Kirk Apt 100 vertical miles

  • Jean-Jacques d
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2010
      No forwarded message did follow...

      --- On Tue, 7/13/10, Dale Garland <hardrock100@...> wrote:

      > From: Dale Garland <hardrock100@...>
      > Subject: [hr100] Fwd: Hardrock 2010, Kirk Apt 100 vertical miles
      > To: hr100@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2010, 7:59 AM

      > Hi Hardrockers,
      >
      > Here is an interesting take on Kirk Apt's
      > accomplishment this weekend!
      >
      > Dale Garland
      >

      > --- the forwarded message follows ---

    • Brett Welborn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13, 2010
        Stumbled across this newly posted video that had me laughing the entire time.  One of my buddies suggested it be shown at future pre-race briefings as it gives a good event overview.  :)

        I posted it to my blog along with some of my favorite quotes - you can find it here: http://lowmileageultra.blogspot.com/2010/07/2010-hardrock-100-summation-video.html

      • Twiggsc@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
          Did anyone find the article or message this was supposed to link to?

          Here is an interesting take on Kirk Apt's accomplishment this weekend!
          Dale Garland

          --- the forwarded message follows ---

        • Blake Wood and Rebecca Clark
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24, 2010
            Here it is:

            From: alan@...
            Subject: Hardrock 2010, Kirk Apt 100 vertical miles
            To: hardrock100@...
            Cc: David Pease <driven2play@...>, bpwrlc@...

            Hi Dale

            I was at the Hardrock as a pacer (for Dave Pease, from Grouse to
            Cunningham), and had an outstanding weekend. Thank you again, and all
            the rest of the crew, for an incredible experience.

            On the drive home it occurred to me that Kirk Apt's 16 Hardrocks,
            multiplied by 33,000 vertical feet (rounding down), equals 528,000
            vertical feet, or exactly 100 vertical miles. Kirk has now climbed
            more than 100 vertical miles while racing in the Hardrock. Which
            makes him literally a multi-dimension 100 miler. I wonder if there is
            another human being on the planet who has done that much cumulative
            vertical in the same running race?

            Thanks again!
            Alan Watson
            Salt Lake City

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 25, 2010
              Wasn't there some guy who climbed 330,000 feet at Hardrock, 52,000 feet at
              Barkley, and 44,000 feet at Nolan's 14?

              -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...