Fwd: Hardrock 2010, Kirk Apt 100 vertical miles

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2010
      Hi Hardrockers,
      Here is an interesting take on Kirk Apt's accomplishment this weekend!
      Dale Garland

      --- the forwarded message follows ---

    • Jean-Jacques d
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13, 2010
        No forwarded message did follow...

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13, 2010
          Stumbled across this newly posted video that had me laughing the entire time.  One of my buddies suggested it be shown at future pre-race briefings as it gives a good event overview.  :)

          I posted it to my blog along with some of my favorite quotes - you can find it here: http://lowmileageultra.blogspot.com/2010/07/2010-hardrock-100-summation-video.html

        • Twiggsc@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 22, 2010
            Did anyone find the article or message this was supposed to link to?

            Here is an interesting take on Kirk Apt's accomplishment this weekend!
            Dale Garland

            --- the forwarded message follows ---

          • Blake Wood and Rebecca Clark
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 24, 2010
              Here it is:

              From: alan@...
              Subject: Hardrock 2010, Kirk Apt 100 vertical miles
              To: hardrock100@...
              Cc: David Pease <driven2play@...>, bpwrlc@...

              Hi Dale

              I was at the Hardrock as a pacer (for Dave Pease, from Grouse to
              Cunningham), and had an outstanding weekend. Thank you again, and all
              the rest of the crew, for an incredible experience.

              On the drive home it occurred to me that Kirk Apt's 16 Hardrocks,
              multiplied by 33,000 vertical feet (rounding down), equals 528,000
              vertical feet, or exactly 100 vertical miles. Kirk has now climbed
              more than 100 vertical miles while racing in the Hardrock. Which
              makes him literally a multi-dimension 100 miler. I wonder if there is
              another human being on the planet who has done that much cumulative
              vertical in the same running race?

              Thanks again!
              Alan Watson
              Salt Lake City

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 25, 2010
                Wasn't there some guy who climbed 330,000 feet at Hardrock, 52,000 feet at
                Barkley, and 44,000 feet at Nolan's 14?

                -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@...