Trail work tomorrow

  • Steve Pero
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2010
      Here is our trail work plan for tomorrow...

      On Monday, July 5, we will do repair work on the Old Twin Peaks trail
      immediately west of Ouray. Even though it is within the town limits, there
      is only limited parking at the Twin Peaks trail head and we must load into
      only a few vehicles. Therefore we will meet at 8:00 am again, this time at
      the "powder house", which is the old state highway department explosive
      magazine and which is now used by the Ouray Trails Group as their storehouse
      for the trail working tools. The powder house is located at the basal
      swithback of the Camp Bird road, a few hundred yards off of US 550. To get
      there from Ouray, head out of town south towards Silverton, turn right at
      the Camp Bird/Box Canyon road junction immediately past the first switchback
      out of town (approximately 0.25 miles out of Ouray), then after about 100
      yards bear left (avoiding entering Box Canyon park). The powder house is
      immediately in front (left side) as the dirt road switchbacks right and
      begins to climb steeply. We will load tools and regroup there for the short
      drive to the Twin Peaks trail head.

      We need as many bodies as possible, we are carrying 17 foot and 14 foot
      posts up the trail about a half mile. The more we have, the less work each
      of us will have to do and we'll get done sooner!

      Thanks,
      Steve

      http://perogoats.blogspot.com/