Hardrock check-in (was: Hardrock 100 entrants and wait list update)

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2010
      This is a good time to reiterate something of some importance to Hardrock runners:

      You must check-in (or let us know why you can't make it) at the Silverton Gym by 11 am on Thursday July 8 OR WE WILL GIVE YOUR STARTING SLOT TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!

      What does this mean? It means that if you're driving over at the last minute from Ouray and you get a flat tire or there is a road closure, you may lose your slot. It means that if someone parks their Winnebago across the access road to your camping spot and then drives off on their ATVs, you may lose your slot. It means that if you forget to set your watch to the local time and you arrive an hour late, you will have lost your slot. All of these have occurred!

      What if one of these things happens? Call Rebecca Clark (who is in charge of check-in) at 505-412-0303 BEFORE 11 am to let us know you're delayed. If we hear from you, we'll hold your slot. Don't call Dale (as it says to do in the Runner's Manual) - he'll be away vacationing with his wife that day.

      Better yet, plan to arrive early - check-in begins at 8 am. Or come to the noon-4pm check-in on Wednesday, just to be on the safe side.

      There will be plenty of wait listers standing around at 11 am a week from tomorrow waiting to see if someone doesn't show.

      - Blake

      Blake Wood for the Hardrock Board of Directors