THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 13)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2010
      [Sometimes it's rather difficult to be an upbeat obsessive-compulsive after
      your computer crashes, after it was repaired, after it had somehow acquired
      evil malware and previously crashed, after it hadn't worked well for years,
      following its repair the first time, following THAT crash, and, of course,
      all the while growing more and more obsolete all the time. Which is why
      we're reminded of another guy, a rather obsessive-compulsive CHAMPION who
      has himself suffered a few shocks and horrors (his recent story in "Runner's
      World" comes to mind, and also a few other sadnesses on the home front) and
      yet he keeps bouncing right back. Someone once said about life: "It isn't
      about avoiding the storms; it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

      [And how can we not help but be inspired by that? Here is it Wednesday,
      there were severe thunderstorms, and suddenly we're feelin' like dancing.
      It's all good, all positive, and we are all about honoring today's
      Positivity: Scott Jurek, an ultrarunner whose fame even "Runner's World"
      can't hurt.

      [Here. Click on his website: http://www.scottjurek.com/#/home/.%5d

      He has been compared to the warrior Achilles, but with both heels fully
      protected by ultra-cushioned motion-control
      pronation-and/or-supination-adjusted-for running shoes.

      He has accumulated almost enough sponsorships to live on, but not get as
      filthy rich on--as that other guy.

      His record not only speaks for itself, but stands up in front of conventions
      and seminars and produces its own PowerPoint presentations, complete with
      quadraphonic soundtrack and accompanying IMAX 3-D multimedia "in the moment"
      spectacles.

      He has run a hundred miles faster than most cars can make it to Cleveland.

      Three times they've invited him to Greece, and all three times his
      prizemoney drained their treasury.

      He has run one-hundred-and-thirty-five miles--in scorching desert heat--way
      faster than this computer can even be made to function most days.

      People have marveled at his diet. It consists mostly of fat-free twigs and
      tea leaves that he chops up and consumes in a vegan salad. Once, after he'd
      gained an ounce, he decided to cut back on the twigs.

      He has won more Western States Endurance Runs than any other male on both
      Earth and Mars, but hasn't quite had more victories than Ms.
      Trason--although she comes from Venus.

      What? Miwok? He has finished in the top two six consecutive years, winning
      it thrice, and having to fend off triple the amount of media an infinite
      number of times.

      He has run with supernatural beings in Mexico--who use tractor treads for
      sandals, lacing them up with coaxial cable--and he outdistanced them wearing
      telephone lineman's shoes; so now they worship him as their god.

      He is The Most Interesting Man in the World.

      "I don't always eat food; but when I do, I prefer it crunchy and raw. Stay
      hungry, my friends."

      ( 00 )

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      Also here:

      http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/06/dos-equis-ad-campaign-the-most-interesting
      -man-in-the-world-video/

      My mark:

      XX
      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...
      ["Ain't no body ever plucks lutes like me"]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      You can lead a horse away from water, but you can't stop him from being
      thirsty.