Comments on Recreation area management plan needed by TODAY

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2010
      To runners interested in the Hardrock Hundred -

      The Hardrock Hundred has worked hard to maintain a good working relationship
      with the Bureau of Land Management, who administers most of the land that our
      run traverses.

      The BLM has recently released a Draft Recreation Area Management Plan for
      public comment, covering the "Alpine Triangle" between Silverton and Lake
      City. WE DO NOT PERCEIVE ANY DIRECT THREAT TO THE HARDROCK FROM THIS PLAN.
      Nevertheless, we feel it is important to let the BLM know how much we value
      the continued use of this area for the Hardrock. We ask your help in this.

      What you can do:

      1. Review the draft RAMP at http://www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/gfo/loop_plan.html
      - a link to the document appears under "What will occur from here on?" toward
      the bottom of the page. In particular, try searching for "competitive event"
      to find applicable sections.

      2. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING: email comments to Jed Botsford at
      <mailto:jed_botsford@... letting him know that you support the BLM in
      their continuing efforts to manage recreational use in the Alpine Triangle AND
      continuing to allow the Hardrock Hundred to operate as part of that
      recreational use. PUBLIC COMMENTS ARE WELCOME UNTIL JUNE 21 (that's next
      Monday).

      Jed Botsford sincerely wants to hear how much use of this area means to
      Hardrockers!

      The Hardrock Hundred is very proud of our relationship with the BLM and we
      want to work with them to ensure that our event is seen as integral to the
      area as well as being a responsibly managed event. Your comments will help
      ensure that our voice is heard when the new management plan is finalized and
      that the Hardrock will continue to thrive.

      Thanks for your support of our run.

      Dale Garland
      RD, Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run