Hardrock Course Marking

  • Charles Thorn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2010
      Hello Hardrockers,

      I've gotten a number of emails from folks asking about the Hardrock course
      marking. So, I want to state the Hardrock course marking "rules."

      * The Hardrock course marking has been available from the beginning (1992)
      as a way for runners, crew, friends and family, future entrants, or anyone
      else to enjoy the high country, learn the Hardrock course, and enjoy the
      friendship of other likeminded folks.

      * There are really no rules. It's totally voluntary and you can show up or
      not, whenever you want. You don't have to register or get my permission. My
      focus is on marking the course but that doesn't mean others have to follow
      as long as they don't hinder the marking.

      * I make an initial schedule that begins on Saturday (June 26, this year)
      two weeks before the run. It's published in the Runners' Manual that can be
      found on the Hardrock web site. The most important thing to remember is
      that the schedule is flexible and will likely change depending on course
      conditions, weather, mood swings, or phase of the moon. To keep informed on
      these changes, check in with me or others involved in the marking. The
      usual start is at my house, 1338 Reese, Silverton but there are exceptions.

      * I do not promise to provide transportation to the course marking. In the
      past, with a few exceptions, we have found a way to get everyone interested
      a way to the trail head. If you enjoy riding in the back of a pickup over
      Cinnamon Pass with nine others plus six stink'n dogs, you'll love some of
      these outings. (Some of these dogs are full grown.) By the same token, if
      you have a vehicle, especially 4WD, please be prepared to tote folks.

      I'm looking forward to getting up to the high country and seeing you there.

      Charlie

    • Deb Pero
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2010
        It wasn'tnecessarily the DOGS who were stinky in the back of that truck....

        On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Charles Thorn <thorncha@...> wrote:

        > Hello Hardrockers,
        >
        > I've gotten a number of emails from folks asking about the Hardrock course
        > marking. So, I want to state the Hardrock course marking "rules."
        >
        > * The Hardrock course marking has been available from the beginning (1992)
        > as a way for runners, crew, friends and family, future entrants, or anyone
        > else to enjoy the high country, learn the Hardrock course, and enjoy the
        > friendship of other likeminded folks.
        >
        > * There are really no rules. It's totally voluntary and you can show up or
        > not, whenever you want. You don't have to register or get my permission. My
        > focus is on marking the course but that doesn't mean others have to follow
        > as long as they don't hinder the marking.
        >
        > * I make an initial schedule that begins on Saturday (June 26, this year)
        > two weeks before the run. It's published in the Runners' Manual that can be
        > found on the Hardrock web site. The most important thing to remember is
        > that the schedule is flexible and will likely change depending on course
        > conditions, weather, mood swings, or phase of the moon. To keep informed on
        > these changes, check in with me or others involved in the marking. The
        > usual start is at my house, 1338 Reese, Silverton but there are exceptions.
        >
        > * I do not promise to provide transportation to the course marking. In the
        > past, with a few exceptions, we have found a way to get everyone interested
        > a way to the trail head. If you enjoy riding in the back of a pickup over
        > Cinnamon Pass with nine others plus six stink'n dogs, you'll love some of
        > these outings. (Some of these dogs are full grown.) By the same token, if
        > you have a vehicle, especially 4WD, please be prepared to tote folks.
        >
        > I'm looking forward to getting up to the high country and seeing you there.
        >
        > Charlie

      • james varner
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2010
          hey! who you callin stinky!

          it funny how one can be nostalgic for some of the most umcomfortable car rides imagineable...

          see ya'll real soon!
          james
          Rainshadow Running
          www.rainshadowrunning.com