THE MOST INTERESTING MAN/WOMAN IN THE WORLD (issue 11)

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2010
      [We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, of course, but
      today-normally positive-did a "hospitalization" turn. But mother-in-law's
      surgery went well and she is currently doing fine. So, there's a positive.

      And now, thanks to various reminders coming from these lists, that puts us
      in mind of one Abigail "Abi" Meadows-perhaps THE most positive and happy
      ultrarunner on earth. And because she *never* has been seen without a
      smile on her face-at Massanutten or elsewhere-this certainly must be a
      Wednesday and that's just gotta be Positive!]

      During extended periods of darkness, her radiant smile is conscripted to
      provide sunlight.

      She can run all night without a headlamp, simply by reflecting moonbeams off
      her incisors and star twinkles off her bicuspids.

      She has been known to endure for weeks on end without food, because she
      couldn't stop smiling long enough to eat.

      Her first footrace ever was circumnavigating the globe.

      She will often start at the pack of the pack, strike up soul-baring
      conversations with complete strangers and then--after she's satisfied they
      won't croak mid-race--pick up her pace to sub-six-minute miles and almost
      win the race!

      She's done that eight hundred times and has yet to reach her thirtieth
      birthday.

      Like the goddess Athena, she often runs barefoot; and at night around Mount
      Olympus, with sometimes even less.

      She has been to The Barkley and vowed her revenge. In turning that
      experience into a positive, she has developed a recipe for sawbriar stew.

      "Runner's World" once published a photo of her hoisting a sperm whale over
      her head in the deli section of a Wynn-Dixie supermarket.

      Her only DNFs occurred at races where she stopped to provide mouth-to-mouth
      resuscitation. She's saved eight hundred men's lives that way and has yet
      to receive her diploma for nursing.

      She is The Most Interesting Woman in the World.

      "I don't always drink from the fountain of youth; but when I do--in fairness
      to the rest of humanity--I usually have to spit some back. Stay happy, my
      friends."

      ( 00 )

      Here.

      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      My mark:

      XX

      Rich Limacher

      TheTroubadour@...

      ["Ain't nobunny ever plucks lutes like me"]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:

      Abi has publicly invited everyone running this summer's Vol-State to stay at
      her house. We think she must own The Grande Hotel. But, of course, you
      will have to climb Lookout Mountain to get there. Just sayin'...