Hardrockers input on a BLM issue

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 8, 2010
      Hi Hardrockers,
      Hardrock would like to ask your help in letting the Bureau of Land
      Management know how much you enjoy utilizing the lands that Hardrock course
      uses.
      The BLM has released a Draft Recreation Management Plan and related
      Environmental Assessment for public comment for a portion of our course. WE DO
      NOT PERCEIVE ANY THREAT TO HARDROCK BECAUSE OF THIS PLAN but we do feel that
      it is important that the BLM know how much we enjoy the area and how much we
      value the continued use of the area for Hardrock.
      So what can you do?
      1. you can check out the draft plan at
      http:www.blm.gov/co/st/en/fo/gfo/loop_plan.html
      2. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT THING: Send an e-mail comment to Jed Botsford at
      jed_botsford@... letting him know that you support the BLM in their
      continuing efforts to manage recreational use in the Alpine Triangle
      Management area AND continuing to allow the Hardrock Hundred to operate as
      part of that recreational use.

      HARDROCK IS VERY PROUD OF OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BLM AND WE WANT TO
      WORK WITH THEM TO ENSURE THAT OUR EVENT IS SEEN AS BOTH INTEGRAL TO THE AREA
      AS WELL AS A RESPONSIBLY MANAGED EVENT. PLEASE DROP JED A LINE LETTING HIM
      KNOW THAT YOU SUPPORT HARDROCK AND OUR EFFORTS TO PUT ON AN ENVIRONMENTALLY
      RESPONSIBLE AND WELL MANAGED EVENT. YOUR COMMENTS WILL HELP ENSURE THAT OUR
      VOICE IS HEARD WHEN THE NEW MANAGEMENT PLAN IS PUT TOGETHER AND THAT HARDROCK
      WILL CONTINUE TO THRIVE. PUBLIC COMMENTS ARE WELCOME UNTIL JUNE 21.

      Thanks for your support of Hardrock!!
      Dale Garland and the Hardrock Board of Directors
    • Rich Haefele
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2010
        Hi Dale,
        Can we mention the sheep from 2004?  I will email them but it perplexes me that they allow so few runners and yet let a thousand head of sheep loose to run amok.  I hope all goes well with the race this year, and I am happily getting fat this summer.  I do think that the segment of the course between Silverton and Sherman is some of the most beautiful in all of Colorado.

        Cheers,
        Rich Haefele

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2010
          Hi Rich,
          Good to hear from you. I'd agree with your point, however I don't want
          to get in a tit for tat relationship with the BLM so let's leave the sheep
          issue alone. Isn't getting out of shape so much more fun than getting into
          shape???
          Dale