Real Men/Women of Genius #49

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2010
      Ingelhook Wineries present...

      REAL WOMEN OF GENIUS

      {Real gals of geeeeeene-yuss}

      Today we raise our glass to you, Miss Interpretiv-Runnour, Taker of All
      Things Waaay Too Personal.

      {Miss "Quit try-ying to criiii-tiiiii-cize meeee all the time!"}

      So we congratulate you on a recent second-place finish. "You're just being
      sarcastic," you say. "I should've had first. You KNOW that!" Then we look
      down and comment, "Nice kicks!" And you fire back, "What's WRONG with my
      shoes?" During the race if we say "good recovery" as you right yourself
      after tripping on the trail, you accuse us of planting those roots there on
      purpose.

      {Weeee did it on-ly yes-ter-day un-der cov-er of the night!}

      Sense of humor? Puh-leeeease. You go through life with your socks so off,
      daisy shorts so short, and your dukes way up. A gentleman giving a
      compliment is like a beachhead invasion. "I sooooo do NOT appreciate you
      staring at my shins," you protest, despite the fact that all's we wanted to
      tell you was, "You have a mosquito."

      {"I-don't-care-what-YOU-think, I think ev-ry-bod-y-else-thinks-I'm-fine!"}

      If we see a bra strap showing, we're guilty of sexual harassment. If we
      notice your shoe's untied, we're risking a federal indictment. If we happen
      to comment on your split times, we might even be guilty of internet
      stalking. If we stare during the pre-race banquet at last year's race
      photos (yes, even the RD couldn't resist showcasing your beauty) you read us
      the riot act: "THAT is THE most god-awful picture of meeeee that ever EVER
      was taken!"

      {Weeeeeeee don't think it looks allllllllllllll that shabbbby.}

      With our luck, you will now notice that the number of this series on the
      subject line is "49." Certainly you're capable of misinterpreting THAT as
      being a snide attack on your upcoming 50th birthday. So really, about the
      only thing that's safe to say here that *won't* be misinterpreted is: This
      ISN'T about "Bye-ron."

      {"Whyy can't youuuu pick on some body your own size---like a sperm whale?"}

      So let's pop the cork quickly out of somebody ELSE's very chilly bottle of
      White Zinfandel, O Constantly Martyred Saint Mary Magdalene, because---as we
      all know---you're also a recovering alcoholic, and any casual mention of
      alcoholic beverages in this series must so obviously and totally therefore
      be, for sure, a personal attack on your conscience.

      {Miss-Innnn-ter-pre-tiv-Run-nner and Tak-er of Alllllll Things Toooo
      Per-son-nal!}

      White Zinfandel yuppie wine: we don't drink it ourselves; we'd rather
      guzzle beer.

      ( O_O )

      Yours troubly,

      Rich Limacher
      TheTroubadour@...

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      Guess who---following decades and decades after being kicked out of the
      Navy---finally IS "good enough for government work"? So raise your hands,
      oh ye who failed to mail back your Census forms. Yours countingly will be
      banging on y'all's doors real dang soon.