How to Blitz Hardrock

  • Charles T. Thorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2000
      Matt has a great idea fully supported by scientific research. I've
      extrapolated his time to Hardrock and have determined that Hardrock is
      doable in 12 minutes, flat. The flat part might be the problem. Well,
      maybe a few of the sharp turns, too.

      Charlie

      Posted to ULTRA:
      Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 21:10:26 -0400
      From: Matt Mahoney <matmahoney@...>
      Subject: Questions about Runners World diet

      I have some questions about the diet in the latest issue of Joggers World...
      er... Runners World, "45 ways to lose 5 pounds".

      1. If I try all 45 ways, will I lose 225 pounds?

      2. I heard that each pound adds a minute to your marathon time. 225
      minutes is 3:45. Last year I ran a 3:48. Will I be able to run a 3 minute
      marathon?

      3. Can anyone recommend a marathon course without a lot of sharp turns?
      I'm worried about running off the road at 500 MPH.

      4. I only weigh 160 now. Does this mean my weight will become negative and
      I will float off into space? Has anyone tried those weight belts that scuba
      divers wear?

      Thanks in advance.

      -- Matt Mahoney, matmahoney@..., www.he.net/~mmahoney/ub/
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 27, 2000
        --- "Charles T. Thorn" <thorn@...> wrote:
        > Matt has a great idea fully supported by scientific
        > research. I've
        > extrapolated his time to Hardrock and have
        > determined that Hardrock is
        > doable in 12 minutes, flat. The flat part might be
        > the problem.

        Not really. When I come to the climbs I'll just
        remove my weight belt :-)

        =====

        http://im.yahoo.com/