Tucker

  • Steve Pero
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
      It wouldn't be fair to not let all of our and Tucker's friends know that he
      is gone, so with a heavy heart and lots of sadness in the Pero home, I have
      to bring you this news.

      While in a kennel this weekend, Tucker had a serious injury while trying to
      escape and due to this, his ever increasing anxiety and his Vet's
      recommendation, we had to put him into a permanent sleep on Monday morning.
      Deb was there with him and said it was quick and painless, he was gone
      within a second...and now our healing begins.
      We wish he was still here and is in places...I saw his nose prints on the
      window of our truck, I heard the clicking of his collar behind me on my run
      yesterday.

      Tucker was a wonderful trail companion. He loved running in Virginia and in
      the San Juans and he even brought us some entertainment during the Virginius
      glissading day!

      Deb wrote a wonderful tribute to Tucker on her blog here
      http://debpero.blogspot.com/2010/04/not-about-painting.html

      See many of you in Silverton in a couple of months...we'll be there with
      Tucker in spirit.

      Steve and Deb

    • Chris Twiggs
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
        I'm so sorry, Steve. My kids remember Tucker also and were very sad to
        hear this news. Just think of the wonderful trails he's running today!

        Chris

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 21, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...> wrote:

        > It wouldn't be fair to not let all of our and Tucker's friends know
        > that he
        > is gone, so with a heavy heart and lots of sadness in the Pero home,
        > I have
        > to bring you this news.
        >
        > While in a kennel this weekend, Tucker had a serious injury while
        > trying to
        > escape and due to this, his ever increasing anxiety and his Vet's
        > recommendation, we had to put him into a permanent sleep on Monday
        > morning.
        > Deb was there with him and said it was quick and painless, he was gone
        > within a second...and now our healing begins.
        > We wish he was still here and is in places...I saw his nose prints
        > on the
        > window of our truck, I heard the clicking of his collar behind me on
        > my run
        > yesterday.
        >
        > Tucker was a wonderful trail companion. He loved running in Virginia
        > and in
        > the San Juans and he even brought us some entertainment during the
        > Virginius
        > glissading day!
        >
        > Deb wrote a wonderful tribute to Tucker on her blog here
        > http://debpero.blogspot.com/2010/04/not-about-painting.html
        >
        > See many of you in Silverton in a couple of months...we'll be there
        > with
        > Tucker in spirit.
        >
        > Steve and Deb

      • Andy Hewat
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
          Sorry to hear of your loss Steve and Deb. Having had to recently put my training buddy to sleep due to illness I can feel your pain. I remember clashing heads with Tucker when I spun out of control on a Virginius glissade as he tried to join in the fun, so I can vouch for his enthusiasm out there. I also remember marveling at him romping tirelessly with Hans' dog going up Handies then playing on the cornice with no fear whatsoever.
          Vale Tucker.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
            i have lots of fond hardrock tucker memories too, like the night if his great escape! (he escaped from his kennel on hardrock eve and came straight to the avon where he knew we all were). he will be missed for sure.

            james
            Rainshadow Running
            www.rainshadowrunning.com

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
              Hi Andy....

              Thanks for the great memories :-) Tuck was a mountain dog for sure.

              See you in July,
              Steve

              On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...> wrote:

              > Sorry to hear of your loss Steve and Deb. Having had to recently put my
              > training buddy to sleep due to illness I can feel your pain. I remember
              > clashing heads with Tucker when I spun out of control on a Virginius
              > glissade as he tried to join in the fun, so I can vouch for his enthusiasm
              > out there. I also remember marveling at him romping tirelessly with Hans'
              > dog going up Handies then playing on the cornice with no fear whatsoever.
              > Vale Tucker.
              >

              > --- On Wed, 21/4/10, Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...<ultrastevep%40gmail.com>>
              > wrote:
              >
              > From: Steve Pero <ultrastevep@... <ultrastevep%40gmail.com>>
              > Subject: [hr100] Tucker
              >
              > To: "Hardrock List" <hr100@yahoogroups.com <hr100%40yahoogroups.com>>,
              > vhtrc@yahoogroups.com <vhtrc%40yahoogroups.com>
              >

              > It wouldn't be fair to not let all of our and Tucker's friends know that he
              >
              > is gone, so with a heavy heart and lots of sadness in the Pero home, I have
              >
              > to bring you this news.
              >
              > While in a kennel this weekend, Tucker had a serious injury while trying to
              >
              > escape and due to this, his ever increasing anxiety and his Vet's
              >
              > recommendation, we had to put him into a permanent sleep on Monday morning.
              >
              > Deb was there with him and said it was quick and painless, he was gone
              >
              > within a second...and now our healing begins.
              >
              > We wish he was still here and is in places...I saw his nose prints on the
              >
              > window of our truck, I heard the clicking of his collar behind me on my run
              >
              > yesterday.
              >
              > Tucker was a wonderful trail companion. He loved running in Virginia and in
              >
              > the San Juans and he even brought us some entertainment during the
              > Virginius
              >
              > glissading day!
              >
              > Deb wrote a wonderful tribute to Tucker on her blog here
              >
              > http://debpero. blogspot. com/2010/ 04/not-about- painting. html
              >
              > See many of you in Silverton in a couple of months...we' ll be there with
              >
              > Tucker in spirit.
              >
              > Steve and Deb

            • Rodger A Wrublik
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
                Steve & Deb,

                Oh man, we're really going to miss not having him around. Trail marking &
                Hardrock, most definitely, won't be the same without him.

                Sorry, you guys!

                Rodger, Tana, Jimmy and Gavin

                Silverton, Colorado
                On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:31 AM, Steve Pero <ultrastevep@...> wrote:

                > It wouldn't be fair to not let all of our and Tucker's friends know that he
                > is gone, so with a heavy heart and lots of sadness in the Pero home, I have
                > to bring you this news.
                >
                > While in a kennel this weekend, Tucker had a serious injury while trying to
                > escape and due to this, his ever increasing anxiety and his Vet's
                > recommendation, we had to put him into a permanent sleep on Monday morning.
                > Deb was there with him and said it was quick and painless, he was gone
                > within a second...and now our healing begins.
                > We wish he was still here and is in places...I saw his nose prints on the
                > window of our truck, I heard the clicking of his collar behind me on my run
                > yesterday.
                >
                > Tucker was a wonderful trail companion. He loved running in Virginia and in
                > the San Juans and he even brought us some entertainment during the
                > Virginius
                > glissading day!
                >
                > Deb wrote a wonderful tribute to Tucker on her blog here
                > http://debpero.blogspot.com/2010/04/not-about-painting.html
                >
                > See many of you in Silverton in a couple of months...we'll be there with
                > Tucker in spirit.
                >
                > Steve and Deb

              • Steve Pero
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 21, 2010
                  Hi Rodger...yes, tucker is going to be missed at Hardrock this year, but not
                  as much as we miss him.

                  Thanks and see you soon,
                  Steve

                  On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Rodger A Wrublik <silvertonultras@...