Wasatch Trail

  • rgmackie
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2 11:09 AM
      The Telluride newspaper reported today that a private land developer, Gold Hill Development, bought up strips of land crossing the Wasatch Trail (south of Telluride), including the East Fork along the Hardrock course. He intends to close this property to hiking and enforce CO's trespass laws.

      Fortunately, there are a number of other trails leading down to Telluride from Oscar's if nothing can be worked out.

      http://www.telluridenews.com/articles/2010/04/02/news/doc4bb54c69a33b9270990686.txt
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3 7:40 AM
        I saw this announcement in the Denver paper this morning. We will look into
        this and see what, if any, impact it will have on our course.
        Thanks Glenn for calling our attention to this.
        Dale

        On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 18:09:05 -0000
        "rgmackie" <rgmackie@...> wrote:
        > The Telluride newspaper reported today that a private land developer, Gold
        >Hill Development, bought up strips of land crossing the Wasatch Trail (south
        >of Telluride), including the East Fork along the Hardrock course. He intends
        >to close this property to hiking and enforce CO's trespass laws.
        >
        >Fortunately, there are a number of other trails leading down to Telluride
        >from Oscar's if nothing can be worked out.
        >
        > http://www.telluridenews.com/articles/2010/04/02/news/doc4bb54c69a33b9270990686.txt

      • Carolyn Erdman
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3 8:06 AM
          So what mountain are you running up and down these days???
          A couple of times this winter when I got to the top of Kendall in
          myrunning shoes I wondered where is Glenn running?
          Carolyn Erdman
        • rgmackie
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3 11:34 AM
            Hey Carolyn,

            That's amazing you're running to the top of Kendall, in running shoes, this time of the year! You got me thinking I should try a winter Hardrock. But who am I kidding, I can't even keep from getting lost on the course in the summer.

            My family and I are temporarily in Telluride while we're waiting to close on a home back in Dallas. Not much running for me lately, though. I did my ankles in at the Iditarod Trail 350 last month. Walking up a flight of stairs is a major accomplishment.

            If the Wasatch Trail doesn't work out, there's always the La Junta Basin Trail. But I'm sure everybody would like more elevation at Hardrock, so make it the nearby Seven Summits Ridge Trail. There's got to be something to slow up these fast guys I've seen on the entry list!

            Glenn

            --- In hr100@yahoogroups.com, "Carolyn Erdman" <cerdman@...> wrote:

            > So what mountain are you running up and down these days???
            > A couple of times this winter when I got to the top of Kendall in
            > myrunning shoes I wondered where is Glenn running?
            > Carolyn Erdman

          • cerdman
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 5 2:08 PM
              Hey get well buddy!
              I am rotting for you to give those fast guys a race for their money my man.
              Good luck with the house. I know when your application came in I thought have they moved?
              Are you still flying?

              __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4959 (20100319) __________

              http://www.eset.com

              __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5002 (20100405) __________