THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD, issue 5

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      [This one is patently obvious, in continuing with "Positivity Wednesdays,"
      but comes pretty late in the day ('cuz I had to "debrief" myself first, and
      also "download" my entire vehicle :). Sorry for any inconvenience this may
      have caused....

      He is Jonathan "JB" Basham (despite the bad spelling of one Lazarus Lake ;)
      and THIS is Positively Wednesday!!!]

      In order to get ready for whatever might happen in whatever world of the
      cosmos he might ever encounter, he would always show up light-years in
      advance and take care of all the prep work ahead of his own arrival.

      If something was "needed yesterday," he could usually deliver about a week
      beforehand.

      Whenever he had to climb mountains, he'd always take two at a time.

      When he had to descend, he would arrive at the bottom before he had already
      climbed to the top of the one he was standing on.

      If someone expected "the impossible," he could accomplish the unheard-of,
      and then give you two different possibilities to choose from.

      He could go without sleep for so long, entire civilizations would be built
      and destroyed between his waking up and going to bed.

      After he was totally exhausted, large crowds would still gather and beg him
      to make speeches---and those are now printed in every textbook for all high
      school speech classes throughout the United States. In addition, his words
      are also "required reading" for anyone wishing to graduate college.

      Whenever any other ultramarathoner has needed a "crew member," he would
      always show up by himself and simultaneously accomplish: the combined
      scouting work of a full platoon's reconnaissance, the engineering feats of
      the entire Army Corps of Engineers, and the cooking-and-camping expertise
      exhibited by all the covered wagon trains that ever managed to rumble Out
      West.

      For the next hundred years, every month, he will be on the cover of Runner's
      World magazine, and every single copy will be sold.

      And just when no one on Earth thought another finish of The Barkley
      Marathons was even possible---on the toughest course, by far, of the entire
      event's history---he did it. And then ran an extra cool-down lap besides.

      He is The Most Interesting Man in the World.

      "I don't always run non-existent trails; but when I do, I prefer those at
      Frozen Head Park. Stay 'out there,' my friends."

      ( 00 )

      Here.
      See (and hear) some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      My mark:

      XX
      Barkley scRitch
      [aka Rich Limacher,
      The TroubleDoer at sbcglobal-dot-net]

      Yankee Folly of the Day:
      Just imagine NOW how impossible the course changes for next year will be!