THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN THE WORLD

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2010
      [My thanks to Lora Mantelman, who sided recently with those who've
      apparently encouraged me to write more positively, although, of course,
      neither she nor anyone else seems to remember my posting of the following
      *positivity* almost one year ago. Alas, it had only limited distribution.]

      It was written, and posted, in honor of Andrew Thompson's triumph at last
      year's Barkley.

      ----
      Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:36 PM
      Subject: The Most Interesting Man in the World

      There is, fellow Barkleyites, a whole 'nuther side to "beer humor,"
      completely contravening those REAL MEN OF GENIUS. Instead of
      laughter-by-sarcasm, this method is called (and I am being, um, serious)
      respectful hyperbole.

      To wit:

      He shaved off his beard, and its thatch has roofed half of all the huts in
      Africa.
      He once went for a hike, and ended up a day later in Tierra del Fuego.
      His text messages make up The New York Times Bestseller List.
      At sportswear modeling shoots, cameras snap his picture all by themselves.

      In his maple orchard called New Hampshire, trees beg him to take their sap.
      His hallucinations become hit Broadway musicals.
      When he swings tree limbs at sawbriars, Boston wins the World Series.
      He has been known to tap his hiking stick twice in a mud puddle, and it
      became the Sugar River.

      He once showed up at the impossible Barkley Marathons without crew, food,
      water, a marked path, or extra clothes... and finished five of them in a
      row.

      He is The Most Interesting Man in the World.

      "I don't always drink syrup; but when I do, I prefer Thompsoniac. Stay
      sweet, my friends."

      Here.
      See some originals:

      http://dosequis.com/

      My mark:

      XX
      Barkley scRitch
      (aka Rich Limacher,
      The TroubleDoer)

      [And the following is also re-posted so y'all can actually see who I'm
      talking about---check out the model for the Mens Patagonia
      Outwear Style Names 25765 HEN PHILS FLEECE, 25765 GRV PHILS FLEECE, etc.,
      etc.]

      ----