Golden Gate Dirty Thirty

  • Megan Finnesy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2010
      Happy New Year!  I hope your New Year Celebrations were full of
      adventure and many miles on the trails!

      I just wanted to give you all a heads up that the 2nd Annual Golden Gate
      Dirty Thirty will be on Saturday June 5th, 2010.
      A 50K with approx. 9,000 ft. of climbing/descending, a 12 miler with 3,700ft of climbing / descending and a 7 miler with 1700 ft of climbing/descending on a single loop course for each race with 95% single track trails through pine forests, aspen groves, grassy meadows, and rocky ridges with panoramic views of the Continental Divide.
      The website will be updated and registration will be open by Feb. 1st.
      www.goldengatedirtythirty.org
      There will be a few changes in 2010, but the courses will remain the
      same.  Race times will change to:
      50K will start at 6:00 am, the 12 mile will start at 9:00 am and the 7
      mile will start at 10:00 am.  This will bring runners into the post race
      festivities around the same time so everyone can enjoy the Marimba band
      and food.
      There will probably be a cap on the number of runners allowed this year
      and I am almost certain it will fill up.  These details are being worked
      out with the park officials.
      I hope to see you all out there!

      Happy Trails,

      Megan Finnesy, RD
      Golden Gate
      Dirty Thirty
      303-332-4849

    • Megan Finnesy
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2010
        Hello Trail Runners,

        The Golden Gate Dirty Thirty is a trail race you don't want to miss!
        Saturday June 5th
        50K, 12M and 7M - 95% single track, loop courses in beautiful Golden Gate Canyon State Park, in the mountains just 30 minutes west of Denver, CO.
        Enjoy the scenic course as you run through aspen groves, grassy meadows, pine forests and rocky ridges with views of  the Continental Divide off at a distance.
        Course elevation is between 7,500 and 9,500 feet.  The 50K course climbs/descends about 9,000 feet!
        This is an all day event with post race festivities which include: Post race meal, silent auction, expo, massage, 7 piece Marimba band, and CASH and merchandise awards!
        This event will sell out, so check out the website, get all the details and sign up early!
        www.goldengatedirtythirty.org
        A benefit trail race for the Colorado Mountain Club's Youth Education Program!

        Megan Finnesy, RD
        Golden Gate
        Dirty Thirty
        303-990-9049

      • Megan Finnesy
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 21, 2010
          Merry Christmas Trail Runners!

          I just wanted to give you a heads up . . . Registration opens for the Golden
          Gate Dirty Thirty on Jan. 8th at 12:00 am.  This years race is on Saturday June
          4th and is limited to 300 racers.  150 for the 50K, 100 for the 12 mile and 50
          for the 7 mile.  Last years race filled in 3 months . . . I have been getting
          lots of inquires and I am pretty sure it will fill up quicker this year.  This
          is a great training race for Hardrock, Leadville, Cascade Crest, Wasatch . . .
          Check out the website for all the details:  www.goldengatedirtythirty.org and
          the video featuring the event:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22dU-XsRFio

          If you love meandering single track through pine forests, aspen groves, grassy
          meadows, and rocky ridges with 180 degree views of the Continental Divide you
          will love this race. The Dirty Thirty is a race you don't want to miss!  The
          Dirty Thirty Features:

          * 95% Single track trails
          * All 3 races are single loop courses
          * Professional Chip Timing
          * $1600 in Cash Prizes
          * Post Race Meal
          * EXPO
          * 7 Piece Marimba Band
          * 9000 ft of climbing in the 50K
          * 3500 ft of climbing in the 12 Mile
          * 1500 ft of climbing in the 7 mile
          * 7500 ft to 9500 ft in elevation
          * 50% of proceeds go to the Colorado Mountain Club's Youth Education Progam
          * Mens and Women's specific tech tees
          Hope to see you out there!
          Happy Trials,

          Megan Finnesy, RD