Hardrock entry policy

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2009
      We've started to get a bunch of emails asking when the entry applications for next summer's Hardrock Hundred will be available. This email will answer that for everyone at once.

      The 2010 Hardrock will start on Friday, July 9. The entry fee will be the same as last year ($250). The weighted lottery algorithm and qualification requirements are the same as last year, and can be found at http://www.run100s.com/HR/entryreq.html We are still considering whether any of the newer hundreds should be added to the qualifier list.

      The entry application should be available on the website sometime in early November, and the lottery will be held on the weekend of February 5th.

      Now for some differences: We decided that this year we will accept entry applications anytime after they are available, rather than only during the month of January (of course, they still need to be received by the lottery day). Also, you will not need to send a check with your entry. After the lottery, those who make it in will have until the end of the month to send in their entry fee. Runners who later get in off the wait list will have two weeks to send us a check.

      The Silverton school gym will be undergoing renovation this summer, so we plan to move the start/finish and run headquarters to the Kendell Mtn Ski Hut on the other side of the river.

      - Blake

      Blake Wood
      President
      Hardrock Hundred Board of Directors
    • Twiggsc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 21, 2009
        The move to the ski hut will eliminate a Hardrock tradition: the mad dash/death march through the streets of Silverton at mile 99.9. Oh, well!

        Thanks for the hard work you guys put in all year for our 48 hours of fun.

        Chris