Re: [hr100] Hardrock now on Facebook

  • Jean-Jacques d
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
      Some of us are not enthralled by the newest "loss of privacy" systems.  I hope HR will continue the reliable way of communicating and not put all it's eggs in a sieve.

      From: "Dale Garland" <hardrock100@...>
      Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:03:03
      To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>

      Can we fix it to make it work so we all can talk to each other?? I saw your
      post. maybe it will work without any changes????

      On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 03:41:59 +0000
        Twiggsc@... wrote:
      > I don't think Facebook is set up to allow one to become a friend of a fan
      >account, but I am already a fan!

    • Steve Pero
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
        I have to agree here...I had a FB account and deleted it due to security and
        loss of privacy issues. Maybe I'm just being paranoid...
        If all the Hardrock communication is through FB, many of us will not be
        included...

        Check it out http://www.albumoftheday.com/facebook/

        See you next July!
        Steve

        http://perogoats.blogspot.com/

        On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Jean-Jacques d <jjda36618@...> wrote:

        > Some of us are not enthralled by the newest "loss of privacy" systems. I
        > hope HR will continue the reliable way of communicating and not put all it's
        > eggs in a sieve.

      • Jason Halladay
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
          I'd be extremely surprised if any organization or company relied solely on a
          social networking site like Facebook for information distribution. I see it
          as simply another way to keep us runners informed of happenings. I'm a
          Hardrock 100 fan on Facebook now but will certainly keep checking
          http://www.run100s.com/HR/ for the official lottery and run info! :-)
          It's cool to see a number of races and organizations utilizing Facebook and
          other services as an additional channel to disseminate information.

          Jason

          On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Jean-Jacques d <jjda36618@...>wrote:

          > Some of us are not enthralled by the newest "loss of privacy" systems. I
          > hope HR will continue the reliable way of communicating and not put all it's
          > eggs in a sieve.
          >
          > --- On Tue, 10/13/09, Twiggsc@... <Twiggsc%40aol.com> <Twiggsc@...<Twiggsc%40aol.com>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > From: Twiggsc@... <Twiggsc%40aol.com> <Twiggsc@...<Twiggsc%40aol.com>
          > >

          > Subject: Re: [hr100] Hardrock now on Facebook
          > To: hr100@yahoogroups.com <hr100%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 9:11 PM
          >
          > It'll work this way. Everyone will see your posts, and if we go to the HR
          > page we can see what others have posted there.
          > No worries - enjoy the snow!

          http://picasaweb.google.com/halladay

        • Andy Hewat
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 15, 2009
            Facebook? What's that? Guess it hasn't reached Australia yet. :)
            Andy

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 15, 2009
              You're either pulling our leg or behind the times, Andy. I have Facebook friends in Sydney. Go to www.facebook.com and check it out.

              From: Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...>