Re: [hr100] Hardrock now on Facebook

  • Twiggsc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
      I don't think Facebook is set up to allow one to become a friend of a fan account, but I am already a fan!

      From: "Dale Garland" <hardrock100@...>
      Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 21:37:38
      To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [hr100] Hardrock now on Facebook

      Now you can become a fan of Hardrock on Facebook or even make Hardrock a
      friend!. Search "Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run" on Facebook

    • Jason Halladay
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
        Thanks Dale.
        This link,
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hardrock-Hundred-Endurance-Run/155057980403 ,
        might take you FB users straight to the HR100 page.

        See you there,
        Jason

        --
        http://picasaweb.google.com/halladay

        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
          Can we fix it to make it work so we all can talk to each other?? I saw your
          post. maybe it will work without any changes????

        • Twiggsc@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 13, 2009
            It'll work this way. Everyone will see your posts, and if we go to the HR page we can see what others have posted there.
            No worries - enjoy the snow!

            From: "Dale Garland" <hardrock100@...>
            Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:03:03
            To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [hr100] Hardrock now on Facebook

            Twiggsc@... wrote:
            > I don't think Facebook is set up to allow one to become a friend of a fan
            >account, but I am already a fan!
            > Sent from my BlackBerry� wireless device

          • Jean-Jacques d
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
              Some of us are not enthralled by the newest "loss of privacy" systems.  I hope HR will continue the reliable way of communicating and not put all it's eggs in a sieve.

              From: "Dale Garland" <hardrock100@...>
              Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:03:03
              To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>

                Twiggsc@... wrote:
              > I don't think Facebook is set up to allow one to become a friend of a fan
              >account, but I am already a fan!

            • Steve Pero
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
                I have to agree here...I had a FB account and deleted it due to security and
                loss of privacy issues. Maybe I'm just being paranoid...
                If all the Hardrock communication is through FB, many of us will not be
                included...

                Check it out http://www.albumoftheday.com/facebook/

                See you next July!
                Steve

                http://perogoats.blogspot.com/

                On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Jean-Jacques d <jjda36618@...> wrote:

                > Some of us are not enthralled by the newest "loss of privacy" systems. I
                > hope HR will continue the reliable way of communicating and not put all it's
                > eggs in a sieve.

              • Jason Halladay
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 14, 2009
                  I'd be extremely surprised if any organization or company relied solely on a
                  social networking site like Facebook for information distribution. I see it
                  as simply another way to keep us runners informed of happenings. I'm a
                  Hardrock 100 fan on Facebook now but will certainly keep checking
                  http://www.run100s.com/HR/ for the official lottery and run info! :-)
                  It's cool to see a number of races and organizations utilizing Facebook and
                  other services as an additional channel to disseminate information.

                  Jason

                  On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Jean-Jacques d <jjda36618@...>wrote:

                  > Some of us are not enthralled by the newest "loss of privacy" systems. I
                  > hope HR will continue the reliable way of communicating and not put all it's
                  > eggs in a sieve.
                  >
                  > --- On Tue, 10/13/09, Twiggsc@... <Twiggsc%40aol.com> <Twiggsc@...<Twiggsc%40aol.com>>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > From: Twiggsc@... <Twiggsc%40aol.com> <Twiggsc@...<Twiggsc%40aol.com>
                  > >

                  > Subject: Re: [hr100] Hardrock now on Facebook
                  > To: hr100@yahoogroups.com <hr100%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 9:11 PM
                  >
                  > It'll work this way. Everyone will see your posts, and if we go to the HR
                  > page we can see what others have posted there.
                  > No worries - enjoy the snow!

                  http://picasaweb.google.com/halladay

                • Andy Hewat
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 15, 2009
                    Facebook? What's that? Guess it hasn't reached Australia yet. :)
                    Andy

                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 15, 2009
                      You're either pulling our leg or behind the times, Andy. I have Facebook friends in Sydney. Go to www.facebook.com and check it out.

                      From: Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...>