Re: [hr100] running in los alamos this fall

  • cloud runner
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2009
      Yes, depends a lot upon how high you are talking about. Generally speaking, it can snow any time now in Los Alamos and above. Most likely, however, if it does snow, much if not all will melt soon after certainly ten thousand feet and below. Except for big snows and north slopes, trails in Bandelier should be open most of the winter.

      Fred

      < summitseeking.blogspot.com >

      hey there folks

      i'm hopefully coming down to los alamos for some running this fall but i'm not sure when yet. i'd love to see/run with all of you that live there, or near there or along the way from washington (boise, moab, silverton, etc). i'm concerned however that i won't be able to get down there for a another few weeks so i'm wondering when the snow starts to really stick there in los alamos, especially up on the highest trails. i know every year is different and a freak storm could come in at any time but some general ideas of what i could normally expect would be great! i've been watching the weather forecasts and it looks like there may have already been some dustings but the temps have been high during the day still and lots of sunny days so dustings probably aren't lasting very long but it's hard to know from here in the north cascades.

      thanks and i hope to see ya'll soon!
      james
      Rainshadow Running
      www.rainshadow-running.blogspot.com

    • Blake Wood and Rebecca Clark
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2009
        Give us a holler when you get into town, James, and we can show you
        some of the local trails.

        - Blake