Silverton Alpine Marathon & 50K Fun Run

  • Jamil Coury
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2009
      This year's Silverton Alpine Marathon & 50K will now be held as a NO FEE,
      no award, fun run. These runs will be held on Saturday, August 29th at 5am
      (50km) & 7am (marathon). Donations will still be accepted for the Silverton
      Schools Sports Program. This race was originally created by Emily Baer and
      was held from 2004-06. This will be its first year back.

      The course is a loop starting/finishing in Silverton for the marathon, & a
      loop
      starting in Gladstone and finishing in Silverton for the 50k. Follows the
      Alpine
      Loop mining road counter-clockwise linking historic mining towns,
      Howardsville,
      Eureka, Animas Forks & Gladstone. High point is 12,930 ft atop California
      Pass. Low point is Silverton at 9,318ft. Total vertical gain is 3,800 for
      the
      marathon and 4,100 for the 50k. There will be a combination of fixed and
      roaming
      aid stations with minimal aid.

      If you would like to attend, please email me or send in an application
      available
      at the website: www.silvertonalpinemarathon.com

      Thanks and hopefully we will see you in beautiful Silverton in a couple
      weeks!

      Jamil Coury & Rodger Wrublik
      Co-RD's

    • Jean-Jacques d
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 17, 2009
        Got your 'phone call a few days ago, Jamil and have been meaning to call back sooner, sorry.
        I don't mind SAM going from "official" to "fun run", but hope there will be some kind of memento.
        All I need at aid stations of any kind is water; forewarned, I can take care of the rest.
        I'll check in with y'all at the Wyman Friday evening before the run.
        Will be in Leadville for the next 6-7 days without e-mail.  Anything else will have to wait until I get back next Tuesday.
        Ciao!
        ~J-J