hardrock course weather in september

  • james varner
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2009
      hi everyone
      a friend of mine is considering taking my suggestion of hiking the whole hardrock course with his dad after they run the imogene pass race.  they're wondering what the weather could be like in mid/late september, specifically about snow. i didn't think it would be a big deal but i thought i should ask the experts.
      thanks and i hope to see everyone next year in silverton (if not sooner!)james

      Rainshadow Running

      www.rainshadow-running.blogspot.com

    • rock cogar
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2009
        Hey James,

        I hiked the area (actually the whole CT) a few years ago.

        From Sept 5 through Sept 25, it snowed just once and that was just 2 ".

        However, that was a dry year.

        Cheers!
        Rock.

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2009
          There can be up to a foot of snow at in any month, but it is rare in summer. The months before and after summer are unreliable, but sometimes there's scant snow before Thanksgiving. You never know. So bring cold weather gear. Bring down vest and/or jacket and plenty of layers.
          The chance of snow varies more than the temps. Possible ice on the creeks and lakes in morning but nice days. Probably around 60-70deg F as daily high. Mostly still very nice.
          Summer crowds are gone. Many shops are closed, so the selection of places to eat is reduced.

          JeffO

          On Aug 13, 2009, at 8:40 AM, rock cogar <rock_cogar@...> wrote:

          Hey James,

          I hiked the area (actually the whole CT) a few years ago.

          From Sept 5 through Sept 25, it snowed just once and that was just 2 ".

          However, that was a dry year.

          Cheers!
          Rock.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 13, 2009
            Lows at night for the past week were in the 20s.

            Keep in Touch,
            LMac