Personal Apology for HR100 live website text updates

  • kaitainen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13 9:38 AM
      I wanted to personally apologize for my lack of updates on the HR100 live website, specifically Diana's finish but also lots of other finishers both famous and not - they are all fantastic.

      To those watching from home, it definitely was not apparent that as soon as a finisher came in, the time was recorded to the database, I tweeted a message (which stopped working completely after Tyler for reasons I haven't figured out), and then ran back inside to take care of the runners at my aid station.

      I wasn't checking the website much and only posted a couple of updates when things were slow - which isn't the best strategy to keep eager fans updated. From their perspective it only looked like the Hardrock organization was inconsistent and lazy, so I cannot blame them.

      Again, I'm sorry, and I think a good solution for next year is have a team of at least several people handling non-database live updates such as Twitter/Facebook/webpage.

      Andrea
    • Steve Pero
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13 10:50 AM
        Andrea, you did a great job! Deb and I were refreshing the page continually
        all day and most of the night and again the next day! It was (almost) like
        being there!

        Thanks,
        Steve

        http://perogoats.blogspot.com/