Leadville 5K results

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 12:06 PM
      Anton Krupicka -- who is better known for winning long races like the Leadville Marathon and Leadville 100 -- won the Leadville Firecracker 5K today in 16:53. The young Kenyan runner David Mogy, who I took up Mt. Sherman yesterday for a 5 hour hike, was second in 17:27. In spite of cool temperatures (56 F) I was only able to manage 22:48. Something about the air at 10,000 ft, I think. It was still good enough for first in the 51-60 age group and 16th of about 110 runners.

      Photos and links to results at the bottom of http://www.mattmahoney.net/2009/part7.html