Re: [hr100] PARTY

  • Carl & Sally Yates
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2000
      Sounds great Roger. Sorry I can't make it. Finally got what appears to be a
      correct diagnosis of my knee. The orthopedic Dr. that did the surgery on the
      medial meniscus cartilege in my right knee took off so much cartilege there
      is not enough left to keep the tibia from grinding against the femur. I
      suspect he knew it before this but did not want to admit it. Told me don't
      run. Bike, swim, or walk if it dosen't hurt, so guess I am a gimp for the
      rest of my life. Hardrock will be the only 100 I'll come back to to clear
      trails and help so I'll see you and Sylvia there next year. This will let
      Dale, Charlie, John, etc. know also. Carl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30, 2000
        I'm back in Colorado for Nolan's 14 on Aug. 12-14
        (flew in today) but I already have plans to fly back
        to Florida on Aug. 16 unfortunately. However, y'all
        are invited to some training runs on Aug. 1, 2, 5, and
        6 in the Sawatch range. See
        http://mmahoney.teejay.net/nolans/ Let me know if
        you're interested in any runs Aug. 7-11 and we can
        arrange something. I'm also interested in climbing
        Princeton from the south, and Tabeguache from both sides.

        =====

        http://invites.yahoo.com/
      • GRoachHigh@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2000
          Hi Sylvia and Roger,

          Thanks for the invitation to the 8/18 party. I am not sure if Gerry and I can
          make it. This August is very busy for us as we are working diligently on the
          High Thirteener climbing guide.The manuscript must be handed in by mid-Oct.
          Most likely we will be down in the San Juans at the 18th.

          Could you please send me your mailing address? I have a photo to send you
          which Gerry took. Haven't decided in either "yea" or "nay" about HR2001. I
          have until Nov. 1, however, so no rush.

          Great meeting you both!

          Jennifer Roach
          Boulder, CO.
        • Roger Wiegand
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2000
            Hi Jennifer,

            Our mailing address here is P.O. Box 132, Glen Haven, CO 80532. After August 18
            we'll be back in Lincoln: 2400 Sheridan, Lincoln, NE 68502. Good luck meeting
            the book deadline, and if you get a reprieve we'd love to see you on the 18th.

            After pretty much deciding to give HR2001 a miss, I'm now leaning toward entering
            again. After all, it will be the easier direction.

            Roger