PARTY

  • Roger Wiegand
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2000
      Hi Hardrockers,

      For anyone who might be in the Estes Park area August 18:

      Sylvia and I hold an annual party for our climbing and running friends,
      at our summer home in Glen Haven, Colorado. It's always the Friday
      before the Pikes Peak Marathon (coincidentally, just before our classes
      begin at the University of Nebraska). This year's party will be Friday,
      August 18.

      Typically, people start gathering about 6 PM, after climbing, hiking,
      whatever. It's sort of potluck style, though there's always too much
      food. So come by anyway, even if you don't have a dish to share. We'll
      provide beer and soft drinks, as well as something to eat. You're
      welcome to stay over (a sleeping bag might be useful). You're welcome
      also to come a day early, in order to take part in various climbing and
      hiking activities on Friday.

      Here's how to get here: First get to Glen Haven somehow. It's 7 miles
      northeast of Estes Park. Also, it's 8 miles northwest of Drake. Go
      northwest on a gravel road at the General Store. After about 1/7 mile
      take the left branch (FOX CREEK, not North Fork). About 1/2 mile from
      the General Store take a sharp right up Hummingbird Hill Road. Ours is
      the first driveway on the left (55 Hummingbird Hill Road)..

      Our phone number is (970) 586-2539.

      We hope to see you!

      Roger, Sylvia, and Andrea Wiegand