Re: [hr100] Photos of HRH Course

  • Jean-Jacques d'Aquin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2009
      Left Ouray at 6:30am with pm storm warnings in mind, heading for Virginius.
      At Sydney/Governor junction was passed by Dave Horton & friend who showed me the short-cut over to upper Virginius Rd. that was under snow.  Without hesitation Horton & friend strapped on crampons at the Virginius Mine dump and went straight up the snow-field and disappeared over the Pass.  They were going to Imogene following the ridges cross-country as directly as possible.  This was a training hike for Dave who will be running the Colorado Trail south from Denver starting July 4th.
      The melting is accelerating, but I still don't dare the climb to the pass without mountaineering gear.  Got back down to Governor aid-station site just as the rain started.  Joe's comments are right on.
      Until Saturday!
      Jean-Jacques