Photos of HRH Course

  • Charles Thorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2009
      Anyone wanting to see the actual conditions on the course must go to
      Joe Lea's videos. These photos are much better than the
      looooooooooooong briefing will be.

      Charlie
      Governor Basin Conditions

      Posted by: "Joseph Lea" <mailto:joelea@...?Subject=
      Re%3AGovernor%20Basin%20Conditions> joelea@...
      <http://profiles.yahoo.com/jdlea> jdlea

      Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:59 am (PDT)

      I made the trip from Ouray up to Virginius yesterday. There's a little
      bit of snow up in Governor Basin that is covering the road in places
      and then a bit more as you get up to the Virginius Mine dump. I posted
      a few videos here ->
      <http://weezyl.blogspot.com/2009/06/ouray-to-virginius-on-hardrock-course.html>http://weezyl.blogspot.com/2009/06/ouray-to-virginius-on-hardrock-course.html

      joe lea
      chapel hill, nc
    • Jean-Jacques d'Aquin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2009
        Left Ouray at 6:30am with pm storm warnings in mind, heading for Virginius.
        At Sydney/Governor junction was passed by Dave Horton & friend who showed me the short-cut over to upper Virginius Rd. that was under snow.  Without hesitation Horton & friend strapped on crampons at the Virginius Mine dump and went straight up the snow-field and disappeared over the Pass.  They were going to Imogene following the ridges cross-country as directly as possible.  This was a training hike for Dave who will be running the Colorado Trail south from Denver starting July 4th.
        The melting is accelerating, but I still don't dare the climb to the pass without mountaineering gear.  Got back down to Governor aid-station site just as the rain started.  Joe's comments are right on.
        Until Saturday!
        Jean-Jacques

        Anyone wanting to see the actual conditions on the course must go to
        Joe Lea's videos. These photos are much better than the
        looooooooooooong briefing will be.

        Charlie
        <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/hr100/ message/1956; _ylc=X3oDMTJxdmh 2ZGgyBF9TAzk3MzU 5NzE1BGdycElkAzE 1ODc2MDAEZ3Jwc3B JZAMxNzA3MjA4NzU yBG1zZ0lkAzE5NTY Ec2VjA2Rtc2cEc2x rA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWU DMTI0NTk2OTY2NQ- ->
        Governor Basin Conditions

        Posted by: "Joseph Lea" <mailto:joelea@gmail. com?Subject=
        Re%3AGovernor% 20Basin%20Condit ions> joelea@gmail. com