Ouray to Governor Basin today?

  • Joseph Lea
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2009
      I didn't get any takers on yesterday's excursion - those of you in the area must be smarter than I am at predicting the weather... I made it up under Mendota Peak before T-storms moved into the area and I holed up in what I think is Smuggler's Mine. There was a little snow on the ground starting around 11,500 ft or so, but melting and conditions were pretty good. I posted ome video on blog if you want to see what it looked like under Mendota Pk - http://weezyl.blogspot.com/2009/06/telluride-to-mendota-peak-excursion.html

      I'd like to get out on the Ouray to Governor Basin section today. Planning an afternoon start again. I'll be leaving Mountain Village via 4x4 around 1:00 and driving to Ouray. Not sure how long the drive takes. Company welcome.

      joe lea
      chapel hill, nc
      http://weezyl.blogspot.com