Re: [hr100] Hardrock Course Conditions 13JUN09

  • Jean-Jacques d'Aquin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2009
      As of Saturday last, Bear Creek from Ouray all the way up to Engineer's is possible with lots of post-holing above Yellow Jacket.
      As of today (15th), Ouray to Governor's Basin aid-station compleatly clear.  From Governor's to Virginius Mine doable with no gear half of the way.  Above tree-line Khatoola running spikes and yellow tent pegs makes for safe snow-field traversing.  From Mine to just below the last snow-field to the Pass is doable.  Not doable without serious gear is the climb to the Pass.
      The constant pm rains are accelerating rate of melt.  Will try to get to Virginius Pass without any gear next week.
      Course marking is rapidly getting closer!