Re: [hr100] aid station drinks

  • Fred Ecks
    Message 1 of 12 , May 16, 2009
      Hey Moogy,

      Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
      think Chapman's had margaritas...

      Hope this helps,

      - Fred (make mine a double)

      On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:

      > Hi,
      > What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
      > stations?
      > Thanx,
      > Moogy
    • Erik Moortgat
      Message 2 of 12 , May 16, 2009
        THAT'S what I'm talking about!!

        Moogy

        On Saturday, May 16, 2009, at 08:49PM, "Fred Ecks" <fredx@...> wrote:
        >Hey Moogy,
        >
        >Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
        >think Chapman's had margaritas...
        >
        >Hope this helps,
        >
        > - Fred (make mine a double)
        >

        >On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:
        >>
        >> Hi,
        >> What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
        >> stations?
        >> Thanx,
        >> Moogy

      • Megan Baker
        Message 3 of 12 , May 18, 2009
          Cunningham had margs as well, to go along with our Margaritaville
          theme. Not too many hardrockers were interested in margs at mile 92.
          Hmm, wonder why??? The aid station volunteers thought they were pretty
          good though. :)
          I am taking requests for what you want to see at Cunningham (1st aid
          station) this year. Please let me know.
          Also, if anyone is looking for a pacer, I am looking to pace someone 30
          or 40 miles.
          Looking forward to another amazing weekend!
          Best,
          Megan Baker, RD
          Golden Gate Dirty Thirty
          Cunningham Aid Station Coordinator

          P.S. It's not too late to sign up for the Golden Gate Dirty Thirty.
          Great training run for Hard Rock. 12,000 ft. of climbing in 31 mile
          miles! Satruday June 6th. www.goldengatedirtythirty.org

          Erik Moortgat wrote:

          > THAT'S what I'm talking about!!
          >
          > Moogy
          >
          > On Saturday, May 16, 2009, at 08:49PM, "Fred Ecks" <fredx@...
          > <mailto:fredx%40pobox.com>> wrote:
          > >Hey Moogy,
          > >
          > >Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
          > >think Chapman's had margaritas...
          > >
          > >Hope this helps,
          > >
          > > - Fred (make mine a double)
          > >

          > >On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:
          > >>
          > >> Hi,
          > >> What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
          > >> stations?
          > >> Thanx,
          > >> Moogy

        • Greg Hine
          Message 4 of 12 , May 18, 2009
            Hi Megan:

            Ilse (Tai the dog) and I might be working communications at Cunningham,
            depending on what Jim and Carol Lewin want to do. We have a small, white
            travel trailer and will no doubt come out Thurs evening to set up. Do we
            need to know anything?

            Best,

            Greg & Ilse Hine

            Boulder, CO

            Erik Moortgat wrote:

            > THAT'S what I'm talking about!!
            >
            > Moogy
            >
            > On Saturday, May 16, 2009, at 08:49PM, "Fred Ecks" <fredx@...
            <mailto:fredx%40pobox.com>
            > <mailto:fredx%40pobox.com>> wrote:
            > >Hey Moogy,
            > >
            > >Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
            > >think Chapman's had margaritas...
            > >
            > >Hope this helps,
            > >
            > > - Fred (make mine a double)
            > >

            > >On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Hi,
            > >> What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
            > >> stations?
            > >> Thanx,
            > >> Moogy

          • Andy Hewat
            Message 5 of 12 , May 18, 2009
              Hmmm, requests? I am kind of partial to vegemite sandwiches. :)Andy

              Message 6 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                Well,
                If I order it now maybe it will be here in time.  Or you could bring some and give it to me and I will make you a down under sandwich!

                Megan Baker, RD
                Golden Gate
                Dirty Thirty

                ________________________________

              • Twiggsc@aol.com
                Message 7 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                  Please make sure those are clearly labeled :-)

                  From: Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...>

                  Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:09:56
                  To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>

                  Hmmm, requests? I am kind of partial to vegemite sandwiches. :)Andy

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                    Dude, you are *NOT* welcome in this country! :-p

                    - Fred (totally looking forward to sharing trail with ya again actually)