Re: [hr100] aid station drinks

  • Lois MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 12 , May 16, 2009
      We traditionally use Succeed. If there are changes we will let the group know.

      Keep in Touch,
      LMac

      Message 2 of 12 , May 16, 2009
        Hey Moogy,

        Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
        think Chapman's had margaritas...

        Hope this helps,

        - Fred (make mine a double)

        On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:

        > Hi,
        > What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
        > stations?
        > Thanx,
        > Moogy
      • Erik Moortgat
        Message 3 of 12 , May 16, 2009
          THAT'S what I'm talking about!!

          Moogy

          On Saturday, May 16, 2009, at 08:49PM, "Fred Ecks" <fredx@...> wrote:
          >Hey Moogy,
          >
          >Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
          >think Chapman's had margaritas...
          >
          >Hope this helps,
          >
          > - Fred (make mine a double)
          >

          >On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi,
          >> What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
          >> stations?
          >> Thanx,
          >> Moogy

        • Megan Baker
          Message 4 of 12 , May 18, 2009
            Cunningham had margs as well, to go along with our Margaritaville
            theme. Not too many hardrockers were interested in margs at mile 92.
            Hmm, wonder why??? The aid station volunteers thought they were pretty
            good though. :)
            I am taking requests for what you want to see at Cunningham (1st aid
            station) this year. Please let me know.
            Also, if anyone is looking for a pacer, I am looking to pace someone 30
            or 40 miles.
            Looking forward to another amazing weekend!
            Best,
            Megan Baker, RD
            Golden Gate Dirty Thirty
            Cunningham Aid Station Coordinator

            P.S. It's not too late to sign up for the Golden Gate Dirty Thirty.
            Great training run for Hard Rock. 12,000 ft. of climbing in 31 mile
            miles! Satruday June 6th. www.goldengatedirtythirty.org

            Erik Moortgat wrote:

            > THAT'S what I'm talking about!!
            >
            > Moogy
            >
            > On Saturday, May 16, 2009, at 08:49PM, "Fred Ecks" <fredx@...
            > <mailto:fredx%40pobox.com>> wrote:
            > >Hey Moogy,
            > >
            > >Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
            > >think Chapman's had margaritas...
            > >
            > >Hope this helps,
            > >
            > > - Fred (make mine a double)
            > >

            > >On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:
            > >>
            > >> Hi,
            > >> What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
            > >> stations?
            > >> Thanx,
            > >> Moogy

          • Greg Hine
            Message 5 of 12 , May 18, 2009
              Hi Megan:

              Ilse (Tai the dog) and I might be working communications at Cunningham,
              depending on what Jim and Carol Lewin want to do. We have a small, white
              travel trailer and will no doubt come out Thurs evening to set up. Do we
              need to know anything?

              Best,

              Greg & Ilse Hine

              Boulder, CO

              Erik Moortgat wrote:

              > THAT'S what I'm talking about!!
              >
              > Moogy
              >
              > On Saturday, May 16, 2009, at 08:49PM, "Fred Ecks" <fredx@...
              <mailto:fredx%40pobox.com>
              > <mailto:fredx%40pobox.com>> wrote:
              > >Hey Moogy,
              > >
              > >Kroger's Canteen (Virginius Pass) had tequila shots last year, and I
              > >think Chapman's had margaritas...
              > >
              > >Hope this helps,
              > >
              > > - Fred (make mine a double)
              > >

              > >On Sat, 2009-05-16 at 06:47 -0500, Erik Moortgat wrote:
              > >>
              > >> Hi,
              > >> What *energy replacement* drink is going to be available at the aid
              > >> stations?
              > >> Thanx,
              > >> Moogy

            • Andy Hewat
              Message 6 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                Hmmm, requests? I am kind of partial to vegemite sandwiches. :)Andy

                Message 7 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                  Well,
                  If I order it now maybe it will be here in time.  Or you could bring some and give it to me and I will make you a down under sandwich!

                  Megan Baker, RD
                  Golden Gate
                  Dirty Thirty

                  ________________________________

                • Twiggsc@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                    Please make sure those are clearly labeled :-)

                    From: Andy Hewat <hewat.andy@...>

                    Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:09:56
                    To: <hr100@yahoogroups.com>

                    Hmmm, requests? I am kind of partial to vegemite sandwiches. :)Andy

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 18, 2009
                      Dude, you are *NOT* welcome in this country! :-p

                      - Fred (totally looking forward to sharing trail with ya again actually)