Re: [hr100] We'll miss you all!

  • Don Platt
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2009
      Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing both of you this year. You both seem like a part of the race to me. I know you'll be back next year,though. I've been skate skiing a lot this winter and just did the 90k North Routt Coureur des Bois last Saturday and I'm doing the Big Shooter Bonk 60k tomorrow. I've lost 26 pounds so am a lot faster this year. I'm still driving the school bus and actually am taking the Lacrosse team to Durango next weekend- my first time over Red Mt Pass in a bus. It should be fun. Dick's been skiing a lot too and is racing tomorrow also. He did the 90k but dropped out at 75k(tooslow/wrong wax) Betsy is in Leadville now and just got a job as physician's assistant in Buena Vista prison.I see Mike Ehrlich around town and he's running quite a bit. Take Care and see you next year, DonĀ

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 2009
        Awww, that's a terrible shame, Steve! Just as I join the family, you
        and Deb run away -- coincidence? ;-)

        Well, get that house sold, and we'll look forward to seeing your smiling
        faces next year.

        I recently moved to Boulder with Ann (my sweetie). All that time spent
        in the mountains last year really made it difficult to go back to the
        lowlands. I've been thrashing the ol' quads on a trail or two here, and
        can't wait to get back to the San Juans in June (San Juan Solstice, then
        the Silverton 10k followed by a stroll in the hills the following week).

        Miss you, we'll be thinking of you and Deb!

        - Fred