We'll miss you all!

  • Steve Pero
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2009
      I just had to mention to all of the Hardrock family that Deb and I won't be
      making it out this year to the beautiful San Juans. Most of this is due to
      me not getting into the race, but the main reason is we really need to stay
      here and work to sell our house by keeping it green and clean, so some lucky
      waitlister is going to get Deb's spot. Going away for several weeks does not
      make the house look good and if we can get it sold and get back to the
      beautiful Jemez Mountains in NM., we'll only be four hours away!

      This will be the first time since 2000 (minus 2002, the fire year) that we
      won't be out for Hardrock and I'm going to feel like something is missing in
      my life on July 11th. There is so much more to Hardrock than the actual
      race. I'll miss the parade and fireworks on the 4th, the course marking,
      Potlick, Charlie and John's long course briefing....and of course, all of
      you. All you new Hardrock wannabie's are in for something special :-)

      Hope you all have a great race and we'll see you again next year, whether we
      get in or not!
      Steve and Deb

      http://perogoats.blogspot.com/

    • Twiggsc@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2009
        Steve and Deb,
        This is sad news indeed.
        Be safe- run well- get back to the mountains as soon as you can- and never forget you are Hardrockers!

        Chris

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2009
          Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing both of you this year. You both seem like a part of the race to me. I know you'll be back next year,though. I've been skate skiing a lot this winter and just did the 90k North Routt Coureur des Bois last Saturday and I'm doing the Big Shooter Bonk 60k tomorrow. I've lost 26 pounds so am a lot faster this year. I'm still driving the school bus and actually am taking the Lacrosse team to Durango next weekend- my first time over Red Mt Pass in a bus. It should be fun. Dick's been skiing a lot too and is racing tomorrow also. He did the 90k but dropped out at 75k(tooslow/wrong wax) Betsy is in Leadville now and just got a job as physician's assistant in Buena Vista prison.I see Mike Ehrlich around town and he's running quite a bit. Take Care and see you next year, Don

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 2009
            Awww, that's a terrible shame, Steve! Just as I join the family, you
            and Deb run away -- coincidence? ;-)

            Well, get that house sold, and we'll look forward to seeing your smiling
            faces next year.

            I recently moved to Boulder with Ann (my sweetie). All that time spent
            in the mountains last year really made it difficult to go back to the
            lowlands. I've been thrashing the ol' quads on a trail or two here, and
            can't wait to get back to the San Juans in June (San Juan Solstice, then
            the Silverton 10k followed by a stroll in the hills the following week).

            Miss you, we'll be thinking of you and Deb!

            - Fred