Re: [hr100] lottery!!!

  • Rodger Wrublik
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 3, 2009
      James,

      Funny this should come up, now. Just last week, my wife and I sat down and
      had a nice talk with the special events coordinator from the City of
      Silverton; talking to her about putting on more events.The Silverton Alpine
      Marathon, the Epic 50k and a few other ideas, were all mentioned. The town
      really needs the additional activities, but probably not in July because so
      much is already going on at that time of the year (especially around the
      4th). The idea is to add runs and other events during our slower times, such
      as in August and September and then add some snowshoe and Nordic type
      'series' events, in the winter. The town is already on board and is really
      excited about getting things off the ground. Our next step, at this point,
      is to get in touch with the BLM, to see how they feel about all of this and
      then to find out just how many runners and skiers would be acceptable for
      the different events.

      My wife and I offered to take on some of these, with one of them being a
      multi-loop run, using a similar course as to the one that you used for your
      Epic event. We'd probably implement the same format that we have used at
      Javelina Jundred; where you change directions after each loop and use the
      same timing system that we use for Across The Years and JJ. The idea is to
      keep all of the crew and family members close-by, so that all of the vendors
      benefit from the event. We'd probably call it a 100 miler but would still
      recognize the 50k and 100k distances. All proceeds from the run would either
      go to a Silverton School Sports Program, or to the town Chamber (we're
      involved with both). If you already have plans to do the same type of thing,
      we can easily do something different - let us know. Any ideas or input would
      be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Rodger

      Silverton, Colorado

      On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:02 AM, james varner <jvarner1313@...> wrote:

      > hi mike
      >
      > i know of those two and from what i hear they are epics! and maybe one day
      > i'll put in for those too.
      >
      > i was refering to 3 loops of the EPIC 50K course, which encirles silverton,
      > average elevation 11,000ft. the 50k has 14,400ft of gain and the course
      > record is 8:56 by kyle and erik skaggs. and took all of the other runners
      > 12-16hrs. the 100 miler would have about 48,000ft of gain, low point 9300
      > and would go over 12,500 13 times, over 13k 10 times. oh and 1/3 of the
      > course is off trail/off road--following elk trails, old mining trails and
      > scree fields.
      >
      > sounds great huh?!?
      > james
      >

      > Rainshadow Running
      > www.rainshadow-running.blogspot.com
      >
      > --- On Sun, 2/1/09, Michael Bur <mjcbur@... <mjcbur%40yahoo.com>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > From: Michael Bur <mjcbur@... <mjcbur%40yahoo.com>>
      > > Subject: Re: [hr100] lottery!!!
      > > To: hr100@yahoogroups.com <hr100%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 10:43 PM
      > > --- On Sun, 2/1/09, james varner
      > > <jvarner1313@... <jvarner1313%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > maybe there needs to be an epic 100 miler...
      > >

      > > Epic? Actually, there is one already:
      > >
      > > http://tinyurl.com/8v3hv
      > >
      > > Or, if you want something a little easier:
      > >
      > > http://tinyurl.com/c5yvlu
      > > (the same net elev. gain/loss as HR w/o the altitude)
      > >
      > > Looking forward to getting back to the San Juan's and
      > > seeing everyone again this summer.
      > >
      > > Best,
      > > Michael Bur
      > > Kensington, MD

    • Erik Moortgat
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 4, 2009
        Hey,
        Does anyone have the pdf of the 2007 Runner's Manual?
        Thanx, Moogy

        emoortgat@...
      • Lois MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 4, 2009