Re:lottery!!!

  • Bloom, Jerry S
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 2, 2009
      What a day....it started out bad when my sweet little (all 50 lbs of
      her) puppy Chloe got sprayed by a skunk, now I find I am #75 on the wait
      list.

      I have been extremely fortunate with the HRH lottery until
      yesterday.......

      Best of luck to all of those who did get in!

      Jerry (who is looking at the Tahoe Rim website during lunch)

    • Rodger Wrublik
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 3, 2009
        James,

        Funny this should come up, now. Just last week, my wife and I sat down and
        had a nice talk with the special events coordinator from the City of
        Silverton; talking to her about putting on more events.The Silverton Alpine
        Marathon, the Epic 50k and a few other ideas, were all mentioned. The town
        really needs the additional activities, but probably not in July because so
        much is already going on at that time of the year (especially around the
        4th). The idea is to add runs and other events during our slower times, such
        as in August and September and then add some snowshoe and Nordic type
        'series' events, in the winter. The town is already on board and is really
        excited about getting things off the ground. Our next step, at this point,
        is to get in touch with the BLM, to see how they feel about all of this and
        then to find out just how many runners and skiers would be acceptable for
        the different events.

        My wife and I offered to take on some of these, with one of them being a
        multi-loop run, using a similar course as to the one that you used for your
        Epic event. We'd probably implement the same format that we have used at
        Javelina Jundred; where you change directions after each loop and use the
        same timing system that we use for Across The Years and JJ. The idea is to
        keep all of the crew and family members close-by, so that all of the vendors
        benefit from the event. We'd probably call it a 100 miler but would still
        recognize the 50k and 100k distances. All proceeds from the run would either
        go to a Silverton School Sports Program, or to the town Chamber (we're
        involved with both). If you already have plans to do the same type of thing,
        we can easily do something different - let us know. Any ideas or input would
        be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks,

        Rodger

        Silverton, Colorado

        On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:02 AM, james varner <jvarner1313@...> wrote:

        > hi mike
        >
        > i know of those two and from what i hear they are epics! and maybe one day
        > i'll put in for those too.
        >
        > i was refering to 3 loops of the EPIC 50K course, which encirles silverton,
        > average elevation 11,000ft. the 50k has 14,400ft of gain and the course
        > record is 8:56 by kyle and erik skaggs. and took all of the other runners
        > 12-16hrs. the 100 miler would have about 48,000ft of gain, low point 9300
        > and would go over 12,500 13 times, over 13k 10 times. oh and 1/3 of the
        > course is off trail/off road--following elk trails, old mining trails and
        > scree fields.
        >
        > sounds great huh?!?
        > james
        >

        > Rainshadow Running
        > www.rainshadow-running.blogspot.com
        >
        > --- On Sun, 2/1/09, Michael Bur <mjcbur@... <mjcbur%40yahoo.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > From: Michael Bur <mjcbur@... <mjcbur%40yahoo.com>>
        > > Subject: Re: [hr100] lottery!!!
        > > To: hr100@yahoogroups.com <hr100%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 10:43 PM
        > > --- On Sun, 2/1/09, james varner
        > > <jvarner1313@... <jvarner1313%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > maybe there needs to be an epic 100 miler...
        > >

        > > Epic? Actually, there is one already:
        > >
        > > http://tinyurl.com/8v3hv
        > >
        > > Or, if you want something a little easier:
        > >
        > > http://tinyurl.com/c5yvlu
        > > (the same net elev. gain/loss as HR w/o the altitude)
        > >
        > > Looking forward to getting back to the San Juan's and
        > > seeing everyone again this summer.
        > >
        > > Best,
        > > Michael Bur
        > > Kensington, MD

      • Erik Moortgat
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 4, 2009
          Hey,
          Does anyone have the pdf of the 2007 Runner's Manual?
          Thanx, Moogy

          emoortgat@...
        • Lois MacKenzie
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 4, 2009