John's Status - 19DEC08

  • Charles Thorn
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2008
      All,
      John has been in acute rehab in the Montrose Memorial Hospital for a week
      now and is getting about three hours of rehab per day. His speech has
      improved but most words are not recognizable and he's really frustrated at
      not being able to articulate. However, when I talked to him today, I
      thought his voice was much stronger than a couple of days ago and
      pronunciation is improving. I think that John understands everything. He
      is able to put about 50% of his weight on his right leg now so that is
      progressing well. Lona says he is making slow and steady progress and the
      hospital staff is fighting over who gets to help him because he is really
      working hard to recover. The earliest John will return home is about
      January 2 but he may be in rehab longer.

      That's about all I have except to encourage everyone to send cards and keep
      praying for his recovery.

      Charlie

    • cloud runner