Hardrock Update

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2008
      Hi Hardrockers,
      The snow is falling in the San Juans. Some media reports have Silverton
      Mountain Ski Area receiving over 55" of snow this week. Our accu-window
      weather forecaster and Aid Station Director, Lois MacKenzie, says the amounts
      are a bit less in town.
      The 2009 entry is now available. A special thanks to Charlie Thorn for
      getting it all put together. Please remember that we will begin accepting
      applications after Jan. 1 and the lottery will be in early Feb. IF YOU MAIL
      YOUR ENTRY ON JAN 1 OR ON JAN 21 IT WILL BE TREATED THE SAME. Please do not
      spend extra $ on sending it overnight (unless you wait until the end of
      January to get it to us). I will post a list of entries received as I get
      them. There may be a lag of a few days between when your application arrives
      in Silverton and I process it in Durango.
      Attached is an article that appeared about 15 year HRH volunteer Jim
      Lewin. Thanks again to HRH Merchandise Coordinator Heidi Schutt for sharing it
      with us The last medical reports we have indicates that he is getting better
      but still a long way from being able to leave the hospital. If you'd like to
      drop him a line to wish him well you can do so by going to
      www.caringbridge.org/visit/jimlewin
      We hope all is well with you and are looking forward to seeing your
      application soon!

      Dale and the HRH "crew"

    • Lois MacKenzie
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 18, 2008
        It is snowing so hard visibility is down to about 75 yards! And the feet are adding up! Steve Kral is still rooming with me and what a blessing that has been! The shed is full of wood and yesterday he trained for HRH 2009 by dragging a 12 foot Christmas tree in from Cement Creek drainage. He asked if I had seen the movie "The Mission." This of course in all this new snow.

        Keep in Touch,
        LMac