Hardrock Volunteer injured last week

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
      Greetings Hardrockers,
      It is with a great deal of sadness that I would like to report to all of
      you the serious injury of one of Hardrock's longest serving volunteers. Jim
      Lewin, who has worked with our communications team for 15 years, was seriously
      injured in an automobile accident over Thanksgiving.
      Jim and his wife Carol have been long standing supporters of our run and
      I know they would enjoy hearing from any of you. There has been a web site set
      up that you can visit and express any thoughts you may have. The website is
      www.caringbridge.org/visit/jimlewin. As more information becomes available,
      I'll pass it on to you.

      Dale
    • james varner
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
        thanks for letting us know dale. i found an aricle about the accident, jim was hit by a car while crossing the street with his family in littleton, co. he managed to push his granddaughter to safety prior to being hit.
        http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/18198838/detail.html

        james

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
          At this time, I am unable to read and respond to your e-mail. I will be back on Nov.30th. Thanks, Dale
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 4, 2008
            james,
            Thanks for doing the research. I hope everybody checks out Jim's heroism; it
            truly was an act of love and compassion. I feel so proud to have a person of
            such character as part of our "family".