Heather Wood and collegiate xc

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2008
      Heather Wood, daughter of 13 time HRH finisher Blake Wood and Rebecca
      Clark, finished 4th in today's NCAA Div II national cross country
      championships. Heather led her Adams State College team as they won the
      women's team title. In addition, the ASC men also won the team title.
      Heather has spent many hours and miles at Hardrock, either pacing her
      dad or working at run HQ, especially during check in. We've watched as she has
      grown up into not only a fine runner but a fine young woman and student as
      well. A big Hardrock congrats to Heather and her teammates for a great season!
    • Blake Wood
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2008
        Thanks, Dale. BTW, Heather and I are planning to run the Colorado Trail
        in August, and have signed up for the Angeles Crest 100 in September.
        If that goes well (and if she can get through our lottery!) she'd like
        to try Hardrock summer after next. She's really excited about starting
        to run ultras after she finishes her collegiate eligibility in May. I
        think she could do well at them - she's pretty tough.

        - Blake

        --- In hr100@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Garland" <hardrock100@...> wrote:

        > Heather Wood, daughter of 13 time HRH finisher Blake Wood and Rebecca
        > Clark, finished 4th in today's NCAA Div II national cross country
        > championships. Heather led her Adams State College team as they won
        the
        > women's team title. In addition, the ASC men also won the team title.
        > Heather has spent many hours and miles at Hardrock, either pacing her
        > dad or working at run HQ, especially during check in. We've watched as
        she has
        > grown up into not only a fine runner but a fine young woman and
        student as
        > well. A big Hardrock congrats to Heather and her teammates for a great
        season!

      • Andy Holak
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2008
          Wow! Congrats to your daughter Blake! 4th place in the DII National
          Championships is awesome! A freshman from UMD finished 7th in the DII
          championships and we're all proud of her up here in Duluth. I believe the
          UMD women placed 8th as a team which was the highest placing for them in
          school history.

          And, as a proud father I have to mention that our daughter Abby earned her
          letter on the high school cross country team this Fall as a 7th grader.
          She's very proud and so are we! She had a great time and can't wait to run
          c.c again next year. She's skiing cross country this winter and we're
          thrilled. She's so much more pleasant to be around when she's active!
          Aahhhhh, life with a 12 year old!

          Hope you have a wonderful winter!

          Andy

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 24, 2008
            Give Heather my congrats...better yet what's her e-mail??
            CT huh??? it's a great trip. Running it in 19988 was my intro to
            ultrarunning.
            DG