RE: [hr100] Re: Hardrockers Make News in Silverton

  • The Troubadour
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
      WHAT??????????????????

      From: On Behalf Of Tressa Breindel
      Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 2:17 PM

      I'm happy to exchange my additional body heat for a space on the floor
      once the snow comes :)

      Tressa

      ( O_O )

      > --- On Thu, 11/6/08, Charles Thorn < <mailto:thorncha%40gmail.com>
      thorncha@...> wrote:

      > From: Charles Thorn < <mailto:thorncha%40gmail.com> thorncha@...>

      Charlie's got an easy day at the lab today.

      > Date: Thursday, November 6, 2008, 10:19 AM
      > All,
      > In today's (November 6, 2008) Silverton Standard, there are two items of
      > interest to Hardrockers:
      >
      > 1. "Nov. 3, 1983 Sheriff's blotter: A Snowden Street resident complained
      > about three horses in his yard. They belonged to Lois MacKenzie, who was
      > notified."

      Hmm... we see Lois is also adept at time-travel? :-)

      <Do ya think you could put me back to 1983 also? Pleeeeease??? I'd have a
      way-better chance for another HRH finish.>

      > 2. "Silverton Municipal Court - October [2008] Robert Boeder, Silverton,
      > three cat at large complaints, found not guilty."

      I'll bet it was another one of Bob's "defining moments." As perhaps: "I
      was uncomfortably seated in the cab of my Caterpillar D-9 plowing snow high
      atop Ophir Pass, when both of my kitties jumped off my lap, scratched their
      way outside, gave chase to a mountain lion, terrorized all the marmots in
      the neighborhood, and then one of them slid to her death at the place in the
      manual where it says 'a slip here could be fatal'; and the other one still
      hasn't come home---even after I left the bulldozer running and searched
      every peak on foot for her for (just a little) over 48 yours. That meant a
      total of three cats at large, an unofficial 'finish,' and I was immediately
      arrested by the county sheriff. It was perhaps my most defining moment as a
      volunteer snow-plower."

      > Is it the animals or the Hardrockers that are out of control? Nobody will
      > know until next July.

      It's all that plutonium in storage at Los Alamos National Lab.

      ;-)

      Yours always in trouble,

      Rich Limacher
      That TroubleDoer
      (now from the very same state as our President-Elect!)

      > [Non-radioactive portions of this message have been removed :-]

      "There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things."
      "I dare say you haven't had much practice, " said the Queen. "When I was
      your age, I finished Hardrock before breakfast."

      Lewis Carroll (pseudonym for Charles Thorn; well? aren't they both the same
      age? ;)

    • The Troubadour
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
        Oops!

        It was supposed to read: "48 hours" NOT "48 yours."

        Sorry, y'all.

        That must be why I'm not quite, uh, published yet, right? Unlike Bob Boeder
        or "Lewis Carroll."

        ;-)

        Rich Limacher
        C. C. Writers
        www.ccwriters.net
        Look for me on the road...

        ...to Washington, DC, seeking a patronage job!

      • Lois MacKenzie
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 6, 2008
          We got around 6 inches of snow out of this last pass and this morning if felt like the beginning of a long winter. So, if any of you want to come help drive away the cabin fever, please, let me know. I enjoy the company and fresh attitude.

          Not much open yet for skiing, but I do hear they are making tracks up at Silverton Mountain. Why is it that I can always remember what winter looks like, even in summer; but can't always remember what summer looks like in the dead of winter? Red Mountain Pass was closed for a number of hours yesterday due to a couple of semi-tractors sideways in the road.

          Keep in Touch,
          LMac