John Cappis' accident

  • Blake P. Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2008
      As some of you have heard, John Cappis was seriously banged up (many broken bones) in an auto accident in California on September 12, and then suffered a stroke while he was still in the hospital on September 18.

      Currently, John is out of intensive care and is alert and communicating non-verbally, but still cannot speak nor move the right side of his body. It is too early to assess John's recovery prospects. Charlie Thorn is getting updates on his condition every day or two, and we will be posting them to http://www.run100s.com/HR/Cappis_status.html.

      Note that John's family would prefer NOT to get phone calls, but would be happy to pass along cards and letters to John in the hospital. The mailing address is on the website above.

      BTW, for the time being, we've chosen to keep this within the "Hardrock family" and not post it to the Ultralist, as John was not a member of that list.

      Please keep John in your prayers and join us in wishing him a speedy and complete recovery.

      - Blake
    • Whit Rambach
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24, 2008
        Thanks Blake. I'll send a nice card w/positive and optimistic tones.
        He's a tough ol' goat and will pull through okay.

        Whit