Hardrock Board of Director nominations-Final Call

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30 9:00 PM
      The HRH Board of directors would like me to remind you that the deadline for
      submitting letters of interest on serving on the Hardrock Hundred Board of
      Directors is this Friday. for more details on what should be in the letter
      please go to our homepage (run100s.com/HR) and click on "Call for Nominations"

      From the beautiful San Juans,
      Dale Garland
      Run Director, Hardrock Hundred Endurance Run
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 30 9:01 PM
        I am out of the office until Aug 1.<br> <br>
      • The Troubadour
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 31 12:52 AM
          * * * * FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE * * * *

          Contact: Hoosisface, Softrocks Rick
          Agency: United Poop International
          Phone: (123) 456-7890
          Email: <mailto:1234567890@...> 1234567890@...
          Subject: Strange Disappearance

          RIGHT WHEN HRH BOARD NOMINATIONS ARE DUE IN

          RACE DIRECTOR AND EXECUTIVE EXTRAORDINAIRE DISAPPEARS

          Silverton (UPI)----Foreheads are being scratched in Colorado this evening.
          No one who knows better or who knows anything--or everything--or what the
          heck happened, now doesn't know what to think.

          His Nibs, the Honorable Dale (Judy) Garland has seemingly vanished, possibly
          to Oz, possibly right the hell out of it. Immediately after Hizzoner
          announced that nominations for the directorate are all to be received before
          this Friday, Nibs said he'll be gone until Friday.

          In other words, according to sources, "There is nobody to receive the
          nominations!"

          But other sources indicate they are pouring in. Possibly by the thimbleful.
          One grizzled old-timer likened the dripage to snow melt in January, raging
          down into Mineral Creek, overflowing its banks, withdrawing its money, and
          hightailing it out of town. Which, some wonder, if that might just be what
          Hizzoner has done.

          "Now why would a guy, a duly-non-elected beneficent dictator at that,
          suddenly broadcast to the entire wide world web--or is it the
          intermesh?--that vacancies are available and nominations are cheerfully
          being sought to fill them and--because he's the boss--expect everybody to
          deliver the damned things to the boss's office, only then suddenly to skip
          out of town?" The man asking this, and scratching his forehead, looked
          amazed.

          "What? Does this little town look like Chicago to you?" he asked. "Isn't
          this the kind of bullstuff that gets pulled off downstate in the Illinois
          Statehouse?"

          This reporter could only nod and confirm. During heated debates of the
          general assembly, for example, the Illinois governor has been spotted in the
          bleachers watching a Blackhawks game.

          "Eh?" asked the gentleman standing thigh-deep in the overflow waters of
          Mineral Creek, even though he was standing on Greene Street in downtown
          Silverton. "Is this here Nibs pullin' a Blagojevich?"

          And so it is Thursday. The nominations are pouring in, but the office is
          closed, the doors are locked, and the Executive Director in charge has gone.

          Oh, and on August 2nd when Hizzoner is back, your deadline for nominating
          your cronies and thereby stacking the board against His Nibs will have
          already expired.

          This is Softrocks Rick, reporting from the peanut gallery high up near the
          back row of visitors' seats in the General Assembly of the Municipality of
          Silverton's Town Hall.

          -30-

          _____

          I am out of the office until Aug 1.<br> <br>

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 31 12:52 AM
            I am out of the office until Aug 1.<br> <br>