RE: [hr100] Orphan Drop Bags

  • Andrea
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2008
      I'm still amazed that Charlie does this every year - what a fabulous
      effort and how different from other races...

      Hardrock is awesome - that's why I am so closely involved with it! :-)

      Andrea
      andrea@...
      http://dukecityfood.com
      "Whoever's approval you seek, imprisons you. Choose your jailer with
      care and deliberation."
      --Jamal Rahim

    • chris@chrisgerber.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 15, 2008
        To piggyback on this. I apparently lost my nice brand new XL gray
        Hardrock pullover at some point this weekend... probably in my stupor
        of running the Chapman aid station then pacing a runner from Ouray to
        Grouse. :)

        If somebody found it, or it's in lost and found, let me know... I'll
        gladly pay the postage to get it back (or I can pick it up in August
        during another trip back down there).

        Thanks!!
        - Chris (Chapman a/s captain)

        Quoting Charles Thorn <thorncha@...>:

        > Hardrockers,
        > The Hardrock rock levitated back to its winter home yesterday and Silverton
        > is back to its sleepy-hollow self. It was great seeing old friends and
        > making new ones. I really enjoyed it.
        >
        > However, I've got about 16 orhpan drop bags. I'm packaging them and will
        > mail them in the next few days. I'll send a future email with the names of
        > those I've shipped.
        >
        > Be aware that I don't ship back food, or drink, pills, wet socks, gold
        > coins, or the like.
        >
        > Charlie

      • Blake Wood and Rebecca Clark
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 15, 2008
          Likewise, I ended up without the Ipod Shuffle (with non-standard
          rubbery earbuds) that I left with my crew at Ouray. If anyone found
          it laying about, I'd love to get it back.

          - Blake